Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Little This and That


Hello my friends! Happy Tuesday!  We don't have anything in particular to tell you today, so Mommie said this will be a post about "A Little This and That".

We took a ride early this morning. It was still pretty cloudy and not any sunshine yet.

I love to take rides in the car. Mommie said I am a lot like a little doggy who likes to go for a ride, so she let me wear my little doggy shirt today!


We went on that highway where there is a lot of construction going on and I saw this big crane again. I like that it has an American Flag way up on the tip top of the crane!!


We ended up in that little town of Hawthorne again...




Well, today we took a little ride over there again so Mommie could help her friend do some measuring in this building because her friend is going to put a store there in the near future:


It's going to be a kind of "Emporium", which Mommie says is a fancy word for a store carrying "many different kinds of merchandise."   Our friend is going to have lots of different people selling things there. Mommie said it is not like a "flea market", because these will be nice things that people either make or create and not second hand stuff like at a flea market, unless they are antiques or special vintage items of interest. She is looking for "vendors" to rent space there, so if you live in this area and are interested, or if you know anyone who might be, please let us know and we will let our friend know.
She hopes to get it open sometime next month. Mommie doesn't have anything to sell there but she almost wishes she did, just for the fun of it. But it is still a lot of work and once you start something like that you have to keep it going...kind of like writing a blog...

After we came back home we walked around the yard a little and saw that this rosebud in the Secret Memorial Garden is getting closer and closer to opening up.  It's going to be really pretty. I can't wait to see it!

And in the front yard we have four of these Amaryllis plants that are getting ready to open pretty soon! 
Mommie says they are going to be really pretty.



One day we saw this Red Bellied Woodpecker here at Still Waters Pond. Isn't he pretty?  

He must have been pecking for bugs and stuff in those pine trees beside the pond.


Oh, isn't this cat interesting?  She showed up in our yard yesterday. We've never seen her before, but it looks like she has a collar on. And guess what?  She has a bobbed-tail! Mommie said either something happened to her tail, or she was born that way. Some cats are like that. Mommie wants to know if this is what you call a Tortoiseshell Cat cat?  If so, it is most likely a female.  It is very pretty, but we don't want it around our birds...


It soon ran away when Mommie stuck her head outside to take its picture. It was a very big and fluffy cat.


And actually, she was looking at our Canada Geese in the pond:


They saw her and pushed out further in the pond until she left.

Speaking of the pine trees, have you ever noticed the little crosses on the tops of pine trees just before Easter?


This seems to happen not long before Easter, which makes us think about the cross on which Jesus died on Easter.  Some people think it is just a coincidence, but Mommie says just maybe God does it on purpose to get our attention and to help us prepare our hearts for Easter.


Which reminds me. Mommie put set up our cross for Easter this week.


I am starting to learn more and more about Easter and what it means to us.
It is very sad that Jesus had to die on the cross because of our sins, but Mommie said if He didn't do that, we would still be lost in our sins and not have any way to get to heaven. 
I am happy Jesus died for our sins, but Mommie said the best part about Easter is that He didn't stay dead! He Arose from the dead and is still living today! She said that is why we celebrate Easter.
I still have a lot to learn, but little by little I am starting to understand.
I hope you understand this and believe too.

Okay, I guess I have to go for now. But we will talk about this some more later, Mommie said.

Have a happy Tuesday!!

Bye bye for now,

Lily Grace

xoxoxoxo






 

12 comments:

  1. Hi lily grace from from tracie and amybelle!!we love the pictures-- mommy says there are " manx" cats which are actual breed and she had one a long ago far away time'-' but this could just be a cat that had a bad accident and lost its tail too? We LOVE KITTIES bUT wild ones do chaSE the pretty birds and thats not good. Daddy hung up our bird sock just like yours. Love tracie and amybelle and mommie loves the yard cross!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Tracie and Amybelle and Auntie Debbi! Thank you for writing to me!! I always love to hear from you. It makes me feel so much closer to you, my dear friends. We are watching for that kitty to back again some time. We have never seen it before. Mommie doesn't really know the difference between the Tortoise shell kitty and the Calico. They look a lot alike. Mommie said we can look it up on the internet and it will explain it to us. I just don't want it to get our pretty birdies. Oh, I love our cross too. Mommie said it is hard to keep the purple "robe" on it in the wind, so she keeps having to tie it on there, but Jesus wore a purple robe until they took it from Him and they beat Him and hung Him on the cross practically naked. Then some soldiers gambled for His robe. It was all so terrible. But Mommie said this story has a very happy ending on Easter Sunday when He arose from the grave. We are looking forward to Easter and are so happy Jesus is alive today!! Yay!! Mommie said we will sing a song on Easter that says "He Lives! He Lives! Christ Jesus Lives today!" That is so amazing, don't you think? I think I love Easter a lot, don't you, Tracie and Amybelle? I have to go now, but I love you. Please visit again soon. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Wonder what the difference is between a tortoishell and a calico cat???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we looked it up. This cat must be a calico, because it has white on it. Tortoiseshell cats don't have any white on them. So this one must be a calico!! Now we know.

      Delete
  3. Aw, thanks for taking us along on your latest adventure, Lily Grace! I'd love to visit your mommie's friend's emporium sometime ... places like that just draw me in, and its such fun to support local friends. That's pretty cool about the tops of each pine tree. Indeed, Jesus lives ... He's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming with us on our little ride, Miss Myra! Maybe when Mommie's friend gets her store open you can come visit! It does sound like it will be a very interesting place to visit and to shop! Mommie said when it is ready we will visit again and take pictures to share with you. And yes, I love those little crosses in the tops of the pine trees right now. If you look around, they are everywhere there are pine trees...but Mommie said it depends on the type of pine tree it is. Not all of them do that, just a certain kind. But I think God does it on purpose so we can remember about Jesus dying on the cross and never forget what He did for us. Yes, He Lives! He Lives!....You ask me how I know He lives. He Lives within my heart!! I love that song that Mommie is teaching me. Bye bye for now, Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. I do believe in the miracle of Easter, Lily Grace, and am glad you are learning all about Jesus and the meaning of Easter! I enjoyed your pictures today about this and that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Terri! I am happy that YOU also know all about Easter and that Jesus lives!! Mommie says that's the best part of all...He Lives within my heart!!! I am glad you came along on our little ride today. I hope you had a nice road trip with your friends yesterday!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi, Miss Lily Grace! How I loved your Mommie's photos you shared with us today, especially those of the woodpecker and the kitty - she is very pretty. And I think I recall Mommie showing us the special crosses at the tops of the pine trees this time of year. Isn't it wonderful how God gives us so many reminders in nature of His presence with us? Yes, there is so much to discover in this great big world He has given us.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Martha Jane! I am glad you enjoyed the pictures and the story. Yes, God is showing us so many beautiful things around us...Mommie said spring is the time of new life and rebirth, and that is exactly what Easter is about...new life in Christ because of His resurrection from the dead, and "rebirth" in being Born Again and starting fresh and new because believing what Jesus did for us at Easter. That is really so exciting to learn and see happening all around us. God certainly has a lot of ways of getting our attention, doesn't He? I hope you are having a wonderful week. Hope to hear all about it soon. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  6. I have never noticed the pine tree thing. Tomorrow morning I am going to be looking. I already walk with my head up in search of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily Grace: I also had never noticed the pine tree crosses. When I am out I will try to pay attention and look for them. Spring and summer are two of my favorite times of the year. Autumn, aka fall, is the other. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...