Friday, March 5, 2021

Friday Foto Friends with Lily Grace

Good Morning Friday Foto Friends!  I have some fun "fotos" to show you today!
Mommie and Daddy needed to go to the city to do some shopping yesterday, and so on the way we passed this little cattle ranch place, and I cried out, "Oh Look, Daddy! The cows are where we can see them! Can we stop please and look at them?"  And my Daddy is so sweet, he actually pulled off the road and stopped so Mommie and I could get out and get a closer look!

This young brown and white cow was very curious about us, and stood looking very curiously at me.

Some of the other cows also noticed and stood at attention looking at me as well...

I waved at the brown and white cow, and he/or she? kept really staring at me...



Daddy said we needed to get going, but I wanted to see the pretty wild flowers alongside the road first. Mommie said they are wild phlox...not fox, phlox! They are so pretty, but we didn't pick any. And then we got back in the car and were ready to go when all of a sudden the brown and white cow starting hurrying over toward the fence:


Here he comes, getting closer and closer:


Maybe he thought we had some food for him because he came right up to the fence. 

I was kind of glad we were safe in the car, because he was so close!

And then something really strange started happening.  All those other cows starting hurrying over to where the brown cow was! Look at those funny hump-back cows! I wonder if they are part camel? Mommie said no, they are something called "Brahma Bulls", and they don't look very happy.


That great big white humpy back cow went right over in front of Mr. Brown cow and got between him and the fence and kind of pushed him back away from the fence...

Then he kind of "herded" him around and got him going back away from the fence and into the direction of the other cows. Maybe he was the guardian bull and he was trying to protect the younger brown cow (he's a bull too, I think) from us people looking at him.


Mommie said that is kind of where we get the term "bully"...the bigger bull will push the younger bulls around when they don't like what they are doing.


Anyway, we stayed in the car with the window rolled down so we could see what was going on, but Mommie and Daddy said we were better off not being too close because these bulls were getting kind of "ag-gres-sive" and pushy.

So as we started to drive away they stood and watched us and made sure we weren't coming any closer.

And Mr. Brown bull wasn't anywhere near the fence anymore.  So all's well that ends well.  
Down the road a little further were some baby cows. I wanted to stop again and see them, but Daddy said not right then because we had things to do. He said maybe on the way home, but on the way home the baby cows and all the other cows had moved back to another pasture away from the road and we couldn't see them. So maybe next time!  But wasn't that exciting?  I thought so!!

So when we got home Mommie and I went out into the back yard to fill up the bird feeders and watch the birds for a while.  Someone told Mommie that if you stand outside the Bluebird house (not too close), and talk nicely to them a little while every day, they will get curious and come out and see you.
So Mommie and I stood a little ways away and talked to the bluebirds. We made up a little song that we sang to them over and over for a few minutes, and then Mommie said she thought the bluebirds weren't in the house but that they were in the trees waiting for us to leave so they could go back inside the house.

So we sat down in the chair and waited, and I talked to Bobby the Squirrel for a few minutes while we waited for the bluebirds to come back.

Sure enough, Mrs. Bluebird came flying back to the house with a mouth full of sticks and stuff for her nest. She does that a lot. I wonder how big that nest is,  and surely there must be some eggs in her nest by now?

We sat there still singing our little song to the bluebirds, and she stuck her head back out and looked at us and then she flew away again. She is a very busy Mrs. Bluebird. I hope she liked our song. Mommie said she needs to try and remember what it was today so we can sing it again, but because she just made it up she can't remember how it went today...so maybe we will have to make up a new song. Maybe I should write it down so Mommie won't forget it this time!


So now...back to St. Patrick's Day that is coming up and my need to wear something green:
Will this do?  Ha Ha! Mommie found this big green bowtie when they went to the Dollar Tree, and she said it would have to do for now until she can come up with something better. I think it is very pretty and sparkly, but it is a bit big for me.  But at least no one would dare pinch me if I wear this!

Mommie said it is time to decorate a little for  March, and so she wanted to bring out two of my new friends...they are old friends to Mommie. She has had these two lovely little girls since she was young, but actually not that long ago. Her Mommy (my Grandma Dorothea) gave them to her when she had already gotten big and married and had children already. Mommie said the one on the left is Miss Ireland, and the one on the right is Miss Scotland.  Mommie says that her Mommy was "Scotch-Irish", and so these two little girls would be from places where our ancestors came from! Since St. Patrick's Day is an Irish holiday, we thought they would be fun to enjoy for this month. I am glad they are already wearing green so they won't have to worry about getting pinched!

Mommie said when she was in the Dollar Tree she found these pretty "Prayer Cards", and they were so nice she bought some to give away too. There are 20 very lovely cards in the box, each one with a Bible verse that can also be said as a prayer. What a nice gift for a $1.00!



She also found that "grateful and blessed" sign at the Dollar Tree!  All for a dollar! 


And Mommie said "The Lord HAS done great things for (us), and we ARE filled with joy!"

I hope you have enJOYed this little story today and all my special pictures.
I can't wait to see YOUR "Friday Fotos" today.
Have a happy day, and be filled with JOY!

Love,

Lily Grace

xoxoxoxoxo









 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Miss Lily Grace! My, how much fun it was to see all those cows, but it is a bit scary when they get too close to a fence. Glad you were in the safety of the car! And what lovely cards Mommie found. So sweet to be able to send those to family and friends, especially if they are in need of thoughts and prayers. I loved your green bowtie, too. You are all set for St. Patrick's Day.
    Blessings, little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Martha Jane! Yes it was fun to see the cows, but they were very big and they seemed a bit pushy. So I was glad we were back in the car when that happened. I would still like to see the baby cows sometime. I don't think they'd be so pushy. That is a good idea you have about sending those cards to people who might need a prayer or word of encouragement. Mommie likes that idea too. I like the big green bow tie too. It is all sparkly and fun. That is what I like to be...sparkly and fun! Oh, I heard it was your birthday this week! Happy Birthday Miss Martha Jane! I hope you had a fun time! I love birthdays, don't you? Take care and enjoy springtime! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Look at you! .... Such a lovely Irish lass!
    Love hearing about your adventures with those cows; and the bull, too! Have you ever had one to lick the inside of your hand? It feels like warm sandpaper -- only much nicer. Do you like horses, Lily Grace? I remember whenever we'd see one, I'd beg my parents to pull over so I could pet it. Once I even tried to climb up on the fence and onto its back. (Didn't work, but I still remember how happy it made me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Myra! I never had a cow lick my hand yet. I don't know if those cows were the licking kind. They looked a little mean. I DO like horses, Miss Myra! I would LOVE to ride a horsey some time. I hope I can. I would love to pet one on its velvety nose. Mommie said that it feels like velvet. Oh, Miss Myra, I bet you and I would have had a lot of fun as kids! you like to do things that I like to do! I could just imagine you climbing that fence to get onto a horse's back! I wonder if Mommie and Daddy would let ME do that? Probably not, but I'd sure like to try! Thank you for writing. Have a happy weekend.

      Delete
  3. Lily Grace you look like an Irish lass in your pretty green bow! And those bulls, WoW, glad you and Mommy got away from the fence, I don't think the old bulls liked you being there. I guess they were just being protective of the little one. I must go to our Dollar Tree and hope I find those Prayer Cards, I love them. Keep singing to the blue birds, I know they love it. BTW, Mr D filled our feeders and they are already empty. Our birds must have been very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Mary! It is SO good to hear from you! And yes, the birds are very hungry. We have had a lot of goldfinches this year, and Mommie had to go buy another finch feeder sock, which has niger seed in it that they like. She got a bigger sock this time, and they have been all over it! They are fun to watch!! I'm glad your Mr. D. took care of your birdies too. We tried to sing to the Bluebirds again today, but the goldfinches were hungry and waiting in the trees for us to leave so they could eat, so we left them alone. Maybe tomorrow! Thank you for writing. Let us know if you find the Prayer Cards. If you don't, Mommie can send you some. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...