Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Foto Friends with Lily Grace


Good Morning Friends!  It's Friday!!  Mommie says some people say: TGIF! Which means 
"Thank Goodness it's Friday!"
And it is also Friday Foto Friends day, so Mommie said I could share some of her favorite photos from the week.
How about this beautiful sunset?  


Mommie said that God paints the most beautiful pictures in the sky for us to enjoy!  Sometimes they are in the morning at sunrise, and sometimes they are in the evening at sunset.


Psalm 113:3-5
"From the rising of the sun to its going down
The Lord’s name is to be praised.
The Lord is high above all nations,
His glory above the heavens.
Who is like the Lord our God,
Who dwells on high..."



I love to watch the sunsets with Mommie from our back yard beside Still Waters Pond.
Mommie said it's kind of like watching the fireworks on the 4th of July...they just keep getting better and better and you don't want to leave until it's over.  I've never seen fireworks yet, but I hope to do so. However, Mommie said God's "fireworks in the sky" are much better than man's man-made fireworks.

Look what we saw land in our yard the other day! This small butterfly sat there for a while so we could take its picture.  It never opened its wings all the way so we could see the pretty design on her open wings, but Mommie thinks it might be an "American Painted Lady" butterfly.



I hope we can see her again. I'd like to see her pretty painted wings!!!

Oh, here's a picture of ME! This was on St. Patrick's Day, and we were having breakfast. Mommie made some delicious Apple Bran Muffins, which are just like her Blueberry Bran Muffins except she puts little diced pieces of apple in them instead of the Blueberries. And we had scrambled eggs with spinach and sausage and cheese in them!  Mommie said the spinach was green for St. Patrick's Day!  They sure were yummy!  

Oh, and looky at this pretty purple flower we saw when taking our walk. Mommie said it is called a "Lady Lupine", which is growing in the woods and blooming right now. It is related to the "Texas Bluebonnet", but there are not so many of them here like there are in Texas.  She said that's because people from Texas will tell you that "everything is bigger in Texas".  Ha Ha.


While we were walking we checked on our wild plum trees to see how the baby plums are growing. You can see where I am pointing to some in this picture. Mommie said she doesn't think there are as many of them this year as there were last year, even though these trees had so many blossoms.  Maybe they don't produce as much fruit every year. I don't know. We will have to wait and see what develops!


Yesterday was my brother Scotty's birthday.  He likes to create things from copper wire and other stuff.  I think I already showed you one of these motorcycles before, but he added another one this past week to his "collection".  He does this all by hand with no tools.  I think they are pretty cool, don't you?


Speaking of Scott, when he got home from work yesterday we celebrated his birthday with just Mommie, Daddy, and me. (I).  Big brother Benton and Auntie Rose were out of town, so we are going to celebrate with them on Saturday.  Mommie bought some good ribeye steaks at the store, and Scott is cooking them on the grill.

Even though it is his birthday, he gets to grill the steaks because he is the best steak griller ever. He used to work in restaurants and was always the best grill cook, so he has lots of experience!


Our steaks were perfect!! Scotty's being funny putting bunny ears over my head when Mommie took this picture.  Some people never grow up no matter how old they get! Ha ha.


Speaking of how old they get...this is a "traditional picture" that has to be taken at every birthday party, Mommie said.  We must have a picture of the birthday person blowing out their candles. Scott's lucky we only put these two candles on the cake for him to blow out instead of 44 candles! Of course, if we'd done that, the cake would have caught on fire! Ha Ha!!!

Did you notice that Scott is wearing his "I'm Mom's Favorite" t-shirt again?  Mommie said he could get away with it because his brother wasn't here, and I forgot to wear mine that says that too. But since he's the birthday boy, he can be the favorite!  

Scott was being goofy with his gifts, which were kind of goofy too.  Those were towels for washing his car, but he pretended he was a unicorn. I think he's silly.

This gift was a wire brush for the grill, because he always does the grilling here.  He was pretending he was using it as a back-scratcher, which would have hurt, I think.  It was a very sharp wire brush...

Here's he's pretending he's brushing his teeth with it!! He's crazy. Oh, the Ritz crackers were also a gift, because he eats them like crazy with peanut butter on them. 

Here he's in his best gift...a "Director's Chair" for sitting outside, with a space for a drink and a place to put his cell phone or a snack. Mommie and Daddy had a funny story to tell about this chair. They went to Walmart to buy it, and they checked out at the self-checkout place, and then they forgot to put the chair back in the buggy when they went outside to the car.  They drove all the way home, which is about 15 miles, and when they got home and looked in the back of the car they both looked at each other and said, "Where's the chair????"  And so Mommie had to call the store and after about five minutes of waiting to speak with a real person, she told them what had happened and asked if the chair was still there where they left it.  The sales person checked and said yes, and she would hold it for them.
So they got back in the car and drove 15 miles back to the store, and Mommie had to find the lady and where she had put the chair, and had to show her the receipt, and then she could take the chair and bring it back home!!   Mommie said that chair just got a lot more expensive with all the gas they spent bringing it home! LOL.  Our friend Linda over at https://thatsmesimplylinda.blogspot.com/ would appreciate this story.



Well, that's all my pictures for this week!  I hope you enjoyed them.  We had a lot of fun taking these pictures.  Now we can't wait to go see what pictures you are sharing!  And also, we can't wait to go take some MORE pictures. But Mommie's going to go get a "permanent" in her hair this morning. She said she is tired of having to control the cowlicks in her hair every day, and they won't stay down and behave, so she is just going to get curls all over them so they have to behave. I don't understand how a cow could lick her hair...we don't even have any cows here in our house, but every day she complains about those cow-licks in her hair!!! I've looked and looked for the cows, but I can't find any here...do you think Mommie is imagining things?  She said she will let you see the new hair-do when it looks good enough to take a picture!  

Okay, that's all folks!

Love, 
Lily Grace

 

14 comments:

  1. We don't have cows either Lily Grace, but trust me, I have cow licks too. lol Love the photos of the butterfly. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! You have cows licking your hair too Miss Cathy? Oh my! How do they do that? Have you ever seen them? How do they get in the house to lick your hair? Mommie wants to know too!! She said they must be invisible cows! Oh, and I loved that butterfly too. I hope it comes back. I might go back outside and look for it. Have a happy weekend. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. What a sweet week you're enjoying, Lily Grace! I almost don't know where to start!
    OK, I told your brother 'Happy Birthday' on Facebook, but it feels sooooo good to say, I'm gonna do it all over again. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Scott, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!" How funny about the wire brush! There've been times I'd do the same thing. Funny, too, about him grilling his own birthday meal. My Tom did the same thing for his birthday, but unlike Scott, he sometimes forgets to get mine done enough. (Shhhhh!) That director's chair is pretty cool looking; I'll have to check them out! The one I use here at the computer is so stinkin' hard, I have to use a neck pillow to sit on. (Not pretty. LOL!) Tell your mommy I love the idea of making eggs with spinach in them. Good things I just had lunch; just in case, I'm going to go check and see if we don't still have frozen spinach. TTFN ...stay smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that YOU had a birthday this week too, Miss Myra, so let ME say "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Miss Myra, Happy Birthday to you!" Oh, Mommie said the director's chair is for sitting outside, It's not really a cushy chair, but he likes to sit outside a lot, so he got his own chair. Oh, and Mommie uses fresh spinach in her eggs. She just chops it up and puts it on the egg while it is cooking, with some shredded cheese, and this one had some chopped cooked sausage in it too. Like an omelette she said. It is very good that way, and spinach is good for you! But frozen spinach might have too much "water" in it when you thaw it out to use it. She buys a bag of fresh baby spinach (or the other kind that's all grown up, not baby) and uses it for salads, omelettes, and Scott makes a lot of quesadillas with leftover chicken, cheese, spinach, potatoes, whatever we have in a tortilla shell cooked all together in a pan. It's yummy that way!! She said to try it...you might like it! Bye bye for now! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. What great photos! I hope you had fun at the party, the steaks sure did look yummy. Have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Martha! I did have fun at the party last night, and the steaks were perfect, because Scott is the perfection steak griller! He knows exactly how done they are by touching them in the center, and he is always right! Tomorrow we are going out to eat with my other brother and his wife Auntie Rose to celebrate again...but we're going to have seafood! I never had that before! I wonder what we will see when we eat see-food??? LOL. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, Miss Lily Grace, you have been such a busy girl these days, and the photos are wonderful! Looks like big brother, Scotty, had a marvelous birthday, too. He is a funny guy, and I know he must make you laugh. Happy Birthday, Scotty!
    Blessings, little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Miss Martha Jane...I have had a wonderful week, and yes, my big brother Scotty is a funny guy. He always makes me laugh. We have a lot of fun here. I hope you have a wonderful time. Mommie told me that you get to go visit your Mommie, and that you are really happy about that! I am sure she will be very happy to see you again after so long! Please have a fun time and give her lots of hugs!! Bye bye for now. God bless you! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxoxoxo. Please give her a hug for me too!

      Delete
  5. Miss Lily Grace: We had cold temperatures here last night and today. It would have been too cold for a walk even if I could do that. I did have to walk a great distance when my husband went to the grocery store. In the same shopping center, at almost the other end of the area was the Dollar Tree. I wanted to get some green floral foam for a silk flower arrangement I want to make. That wind was brisk and cold. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BRRRRRR! It is hard to walk when it is cold and windy. It was kind of cold and windy here today too, but we went of a walk this afternoon and it wasn't as bad as it was this morning. Oh, I bet your flower arrangement will be pretty! You should share some pictures of it when you get it done!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  6. What fun photos! I love how you and your big brother get along and have fun. My son and daughter fought like cats and dogs. Scott seems like a lot of fun to have around...and that bit about being a good cook is a nice bonus! You can tell him his motorcycles are really cool. Giggling at the chair story. I've done things like that a few times. Thanks for sharing your mom's photos. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Stacy!! Yes, my big brother is a lot of fun and we are a crazy family...you never know what someone might do next. And yes, Scott is also a very good cook. Mommie wishes he'd just cook for her all the time, but he has to work. He likes to make things like quesadillas, using leftover meat and cheese and spinach. We are like a bunch of Popeyes around here, always eating spinach with something. Mommie says it's good for us! That's what keeps us strong and healthy! I hope you have a great weekend too. We are going to go to Corky Bells and eat seafood with the family today to keep celebrating Scott's birthday! yay! Mommie said I could go too 'cause they will sit outside beside the river and watch the boats and stuff! Yay!! I want to go!!! Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  7. Oh Lily Grace, thank you for the shout out...I can't tell you how many times this actually happens at WM. Seriously...smiles. Wishing Scott a very happy belated birthday, he seems like a nice brother, wink. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Linda! Yes, Scott is a very nice brother, even if he is a bit crazy sometimes! Ha Ha!! We are going to celebrate his birthday again today with my other brother Benton and Auntie Rose and Auntie Sherrie. But we can't go to that Corky Bells after all. It is cold and windy today and we don't want to sit outside by the river in the cold wind, so we are going to a bbq place instead! I'm sure there will be more pictures to share later. Bye bye for now!

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...