Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Very Late Friday Foto Friends on Saturday


Hello Friends! We are very late with our "Friday Foto Friends"...here it is late Saturday and we still haven't posted anything.  Mommie's been a little busy and also she said she just didn't have any really good pictures to share, but I said, "But Mommie, our friends will think something is wrong with us if we don't post something!"  And so she agreed and said we will just share what we have. Mommie also wants to apologize for not getting around to visit everyone else the last couple of days. She said sometimes we just need a little break away from the computer, but she wishes we could really visit in person!

So, all that being said, here we go!  We have been having some very foggy mornings here lately. This was our sunrise one morning...you can see the sun is trying to shine through the fog...


And this is how it looked over Still Waters Pond in the fog...


Today we saw these two Red Shouldered Hawks sitting way up in the top of that big old pine tree.  Mommie said she can't decide if it is a "couple", or a parent and a younger hawk. The one on the left still looks kind of young in the face, don't you think?


And then that "young looking one" flew away, and the other one was hollering at it like as if to say, "Junior! You get right back over here right this minute! Do you hear me??"
And then she took off after the other one to scold it for flying away while she was still speaking to him! 
That's how it looked to us. What do YOU think?


Meanwhile, Mommie and Daddy were busy digging holes in the ground and planting some things.
This is a BLUEBERRY BUSH!  All those little flowery berry looking things are going to be Blueberries!!!! Oh, I hope they do grow and ripen so we can have our very own blueberries! Mommie said we have to watch out for the deer and hope they don't find them before we get to eat them.  We planted this bush inside the fenced yard hoping that might keep them away for a while.  But Mommie said once a deer knows it is there, the fence won't keep it away...they can jump right over a fence!
So we will just have to wait and see what happens. We haven't seen any deer here in a long time.


Then we planted some little azalea bushes in the Secret Garden area.  Mommie said when they get bigger they will bloom some really pretty big dark pink flowers, but probably not until next spring now since they are done blooming for this spring already.


Oh looky here! The beautiful red "Don Juan" rose is just about ready to open up!! Isn't it beautiful?

I can't wait to see it open. This will be my first time seeing this rose bloom...this is the one in the Secret Memorial Garden that Mommie brought with her when they moved here.


I'm sitting on "Mom's Secret Garden" Bench.  Mommie said this picture shows us that we need to wash the bench as it has lots of stuff growing on it...Oh dear! I hope it doesn't grow on me! 

When we went on our walk the other day we saw these interesting flowers blooming. Mommie said they are "Paw-Paw" blossoms, and that this little bush will grow "Paw-Paws".  I don't know what a "Paw-Paw" is, do you?  She said it is a wild fruit that the critters will eat when they ripen...but they are edible for people too, only these are kind of small and wild, not like the ones that can be bought in some stores.

And I checked on the wild plums, and we found a few more of them, but Mommie said they are a lot smaller than they were this time last year, and not nearly as many.  So she thinks they are taking a year off from their "production".  


I love to see these cute little wild daisies growing.   Isn't it sweet? I have another identical "cousin" named Daisy living in S.C.  This made me think about her and my other cousin Tracie. I hope they are okay. I miss them, but sometimes we write letters back and forth and send pictures, so that helps me not to feel so lonesome for them.


I just had to take a picture of this! Isn't it funny?  Have you ever heard of a speed "hump"???  Mommie said in most places they are called a speed "bump", but maybe this one is related to a speedy camel or something.  Maybe we should show this picture on "Hump Day"! Ha Ha!!!


OH, I got to visit the Post Office one day! Mommie said the people at the Post Office were the nice people who "delivered" me to Mommie's house when I came here in my special package all the way from Aunt Debbi's house in S.C.   I think the people at the Post Office are very nice and they took good care of me and got me to the right place on time! Mommie said that her daddy used to work for the Post Office many years ago, and so it is a very special place to her.


Well, I guess that's all for now. Mommie said this next week is going to be very special as it is called "Holy Week". Tomorrow starts "Holy Week" with Palm Sunday, the day that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and the colt of a donkey:


The Triumphal Entry

John 12:12-19

12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out:
“Hosanna!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
The King of Israel!”

14 Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written:

15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion;
Behold, your King is coming,
Sitting on a donkey’s colt.”



I didn't understand what palm branches were, so Mommie showed me these palms in our yard. She said many people, including children, ran and waved these palm branches and shouted "Hosanna" when they saw Jesus coming on the donkey.  She said "Hosanna" was a way to praise Him and show Jesus that they recognized Him as the One Who was coming to save them.
But as the week passed by, a lot of people changed their minds and they became very angry about Jesus, and well, Mommie said we will tell more about that next week, but for now we just want to welcome Jesus into our hearts and homes and give Him praise!

Hosanna!!
Blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!

Until next time,
Love,
Lily Grace






11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos your Mommie has shared here, Miss Lily Grace! I especially love the fog ones, and I do agree that I think the hawks are an adult and a juvenile. What a lucky shot! And yes, I can see your Mommie and Daddy have been busy planting all those beautiful bushes. You know who else loves blueberries? Birds! It helps to put a netting over the bushes when the berries start to ripen to keep those critters away.
    Have a beautiful Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Martha Jane. I like the foggy mornings too. It is pretty to see it on the pond especially. And Mommie agrees with you about the hawks. I hope we can see them again. We can hear them sometimes when we can't see them. Oh, do you think the birdies might eat our blueberries? I will tell Mommie to be sure to cover them. We are hoping we can get some of the blueberries first, but we can share with the birdies too. We just hope they will grow and produce lots of berries. Hope you are having a Happy Palm Sunday too. Love, Lily Grace

      Delete
  2. Such pretty photos and so many beautiful things growing in the garden. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Miss Martha! I am happy that our flowers and other plants are growing and blooming. It makes us all so happy to see springtime!! I hope you have a Happy Spring and Easter week! Love, Lily Grace

      Delete
  3. How you make me smile, Lily Grace! Nope, I've never heard of a speed hump. Too cover, those highway people.🙂
    Those images of the hawks just drew me in -- what a thrill! But my favorite is the U.S. Flag at sunrise. As long as I don't have to drive in it, I love the fog.

    I've always loved Palm Sunday and its traditions, too. So happy your mommie is sharing all these Bible stories with you. Hosanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I did it again. That should read, "clever", not "cover."

      Delete
    2. Ha Ha!! Very "clever" of you to "cover" yourself for your little boo boo. I didn't even notice. I just love hearing from you so I don't pay attention to mistakes. I am happy that I make you smile, Miss Myra. Having you for a friend makes ME smile too!
      Love,
      Lily Grace

      Delete
  4. hello my bestest friend!! I love the pictures and especially the one of you on that pretty green painted chair in the secret garden! Wish I could come visit and sit there with you....our Mommies would sure take pictures wouldn't they??! LOL Glad you got blueberry bushes planted, that will be neat! And that big rose is so so pretty! No roses here yet but we are all flowered out with thousands of pink red white and purple azaleas and camellias still going too, it's all so beautiful, I am really liking Spring, our very first Spring! I like the hawk pictures too, wow, they sure do like the pond there don't they?---you have so many animals there around the trees and the water, so it's a fun place to watch it all! happy happy Palm Sunday my bestest friend, my Mommie taught me all about Palm Sunday and it's so wonderful and NEXT SUNDAY will be even so so so much better as we celebrate our Jesus conquering death and sin and the grave! Mommie taught me a song "up from the grave He Arose!"----do you know it yet? I can't wait to sing it on Easter Sunday. Mommie loves Easter so much. So I do too! Looks like you and your Mommie do too! Have a happy happy happy and fun day, hugs from your friend and cousin, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My dear bestest friend Tracie! Thank you so much for writing to me. I have missed you so much! I am glad you came here to visit today. Yes, if you came for real our Mommies would just go crazy taking pictures of us!! Wouldn't that be so much fun? And I bet they would love taking pictures of each other too!! I know they would be best friends just like you and I! Oh, yes, Palm Sunday is really special. Mommie cut some palm branches early this morning and put them on our pretty cross that is in our front yard so people would know it is Palm Sunday! And then at church the people all had little palm branches and they waved them when they shouted "Hosanna!" I am really excited about Easter! Yes, also loves that song "Up from the grave He arose", and she said she will teach it to me. She said she likes the way it starts out real slow talking about Jesus laying low in the grave, and then the chorus surprises you when it says "Up from the grave He arose! With a mighty triumph o'er His foes! He arose a victor from the dark domain and He lives forever with the saints to reign! He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ Arose!" Mommie said she likes to sing that one really early on Easter morning. So I guess you and I and our Mommies will all be singing it at the same time on Easter!! How exciting!!! Well, I guess I'd better go. I thank you again for visiting. I do hope it will be for real one of these days. Bye bye for now my dear friend. Love and hugs always, your friend and identical cousin, Lily Grace

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing more of your beautiful world with us Lily Grace! Tell your mommy that you need to put netting over the blueberries, too, or the birds will eat them before you ever get a taste! And beware...bees love them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily Grace: At our church on this past Sunday. Everyone in the congregation received a Palm branch as they entered the building. When we sand the final hymn, we all waved them. I brought mine home and put it in a tall bud vase behind some pussy willow pieces. My husband cut them and brought them in last year. They still are pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...