Thursday, February 4, 2021

Lily Grace Meets the "Grandpuppies"

 

Good Morning to all my wonderful friends! I hope you are all staying nice and warm and cozy in your homes, wherever you are! Mommie said it is 30 degrees here this morning, so a good time for a cup of hot tea before we start sharing our latest adventure!
She also said to come back later for us to share our three gifts for today, because we haven't had time to look for our "three gifts found went bent down" yet. We will be looking for them as we are out and about.


Meanwhile, yesterday we went out for a walk, and I was SO happy to have my nice new hoodie jacket that Auntie Pamela made for me. It felt so nice and warm and cozy!  We went to check the plum tree for blossoms, and guess what!  Mommie said we could pick a few little branches of blossoms and bring them home with us!


And here is the bouquet we made when we got home:


And then we made a little bouquet for me in my tiny Lily of the Valley teapot! Isn't it sweet?


After this we did something really really fun! Something I've been waiting to do ever since I came here!

We got to go meet my big brother Benton and my sweet sister in law Rose's puppies Sugar and Spice!

Sugar came right up to me and sniffed my face and really seemed to like me a lot.

She even let me pet her.  I think Sugar really liked me and I was so excited!

And then Spice came up and looked me right in the eye, and then she ran away. She wasn't too sure about me and had to think about it for awhile...


When we went inside the house Spice got a better look at me and she started barking and barking and barking!!  She backed away and kept barking. Her Mommy had to come and quiet her down and tried to help her understand me, but she seemed to be very afraid of me.  I didn't know what to do, so I just sat quietly in my Mommie's lap until Spice stopped barking at me.


Then my Auntie Sherrie was there and she fixed my braids, because they were getting all tangled and my hair was flying away, Mommie said.  Auntie Sherrie sometimes wears braids in her hair too so she knew just what to do to fix mine.


Mommie said Auntie Sherrie is my personal "stylist".  


My sweet big sister in law Rose (I want to call her Auntie Rose, and she said that's okay) was getting ready to go to work, but she wanted to visit with me first and show me some things.


We went back outside and she held me and let Spice come up and sniff me and Spice didn't bark at me anymore, but she still didn't seem too sure about me.  


But next we did something I was SO excited about!

Well, first, my big brother Benton said it was okay if Mommie took a picture of us together:


And THEN he took me out to his workshop where he builds all kinds of special things, and showed me all of the tools and equipment he had there!



There was SO much to see! I was just so excited and happy!  He said I had to be very careful, however, not to touch any tool when it was in use. 


But I got to look at all the special big electric saws...


And drills....


And I even got to hammer on a piece of wood!


And he put his big earmuffs on me to protect my ears from the loud noise when the saws are going!


Here's another funny looking saw:


And another one! He has lots of different kinds of saws! Chop Saw, Band Saw, Table Saw...and they all do different things and are very important for his work.


And then before we left the shop, something really special happened.  Spicey came inside and came right up to me and licked me! Look at her pretty pink tongue...kind of looks like a heart.  And then I knew that she finally loved me!


And she smiled at me and we became friends. That made my heart happy.


That made my day! 


So today we are going to "Embrace a world of possibiliTEAS" and see where our adventures lead us!



Bye bye for now!
Have a wonderful day!
Love,

Lily Grace











15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful visit you had today, Lily! Big brother Benton's workshop is so very interesting, and I'm glad both puppies warmed up to you. Who wouldn't? You are such a sweet little girl!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Miss Martha Jane, it was such a wonderful visit. And yes, my big brother Benton's workshop is full of so many interesting tools and fresh cut lumber...I loved it. But what I loved most was Sugar and Spice both decided to be my friends. That made me VERY happy! I hope you have a blessed and wonderful day too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Lily Grace, I'm soooo happy to see Spice decided you'd make a good friend! But she and Sugar's expressions (in that photo by their little beds) cracks me up. Yes, her tongue does look like a heart!
    Didn't your brother's shop smell wonderful? Sometimes when Tom goes to Home Depot I'll detour past the lumber just to smell the wood's aroma. Simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sugar and Spice are both sweet doggies. Spice just tends to be a little more timid than Sugar, and it took her awhile to figure me out and decided I was okay to be her friend. I guess people are like that sometimes too, aren't they Miss Myra? They have to get to know us better before they can decide if they want to be friends or not. I'm glad Spice changed her mind. And YES, the workshop smells like fresh cut lumber! My brother builds lots of special things that he sells online and in some stores and he stays very very busy in his shop all day long. It was nice of him to take the time to show everything to me. Maybe I can go help him sometime!! Mommie says she agrees with you about wood smells too. She loves it. Her daddy used to build things and the smell of lumber always makes her think of her daddy's workshop. Yes, happy memories.

      Delete
  3. Another busy day, Lily Grace! You are learning so much, so fast!! I'm glad you have such a pretty and warm coat to wear during this crazy cold winter weather here in Florida. Brrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you Miss Terri! It was a busy day, and I did enjoy it so much. Now maybe sometime I can go help my brother build stuff! And yes, my coat felt really really good today! Mommie says it is going to maybe start raining tomorrow and warm up a bit, so I may have to put my little raincoat on instead! But right now I am happy and thankful for a nice warm house to live in!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  4. I can see that Benton was thrilled with the doll LOL. I think you are having way too much fun with this little dolly! :) Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! You can read his face aright! LOL!! It was so funny. But he's a good sport, just like everyone else has been. Lily Grace has brought a lot of smiles and laughter into our lives. Sometimes God uses what appears to be foolish to confound the wise...and to make our hearts soften and humble ourselves as a little child again! It's amazing what something like a tiny little doll can do to change the way we think about things...It's all good. God blesses us in mysterious ways oftentimes...

      Delete
  5. what a great adventure today, I am so glad your big brother kept you safe and showed you the safety measures. It is really cold here too, I am still going to be getting my dolls out just a full plate right now, your mommie can explain that to you later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Gator. (Do you have another name that I can call you?) Yes, my brother is very safety conscious and also a good builder. It was fun to see his workshop. I will look forward to seeing your dolls when you are ready. We understand about having a "full plate". Mommie said we should pray for you and Mr. Gator, and we will do that. Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete
    2. Lily My name is Regina, I go by Gina, I sure do appreciate all the prayers God bless you!!!

      Delete
  6. Lilly Grace: I am glad you are having such nice adventures in your new home. I am joyful that the puppies made up to you. It's nice to have a personal hair stylist. My husband and I have appointments to get or COVID vaccinations
    (first shots) this afternoon. We will get them at our grocery store pharmacy. Then I will do some shopping. I need to make out my list. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Quiet Spirit, by now you should have had your vaccinations! I hope everything went well and that it didn't hurt too much. I don't like to get shots, but if it is for a good cause, then I don't mind. Thank you for stopping in for a visit before you had to go. Praying all is well for you and Mr. Quiet Spirit, and that you also have peace and blessings. Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete
  7. Miss Lily Grace, it was so nice seeing you visiting with your family and meeting Sugar and Spice. I think they'll be okay when they get to know you better. You looked very pretty in your new hoodie, I know it you warm. Give Mommy a ((hug)) for me and I'm sending you one too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Mary! I did have so much fun with Sugar and Spice. I hope they will remember me the next time I go there and that Spice won't be afraid of me again. I hope they will be my "best friends". Yes, I love my new hoodie. It is SO warm...and we have needed warm hoodies this week! Mommie said it is going to warm up and rain, so now I'll proabably have to wear the little raincoat she made me if we go out. Thank you for the hug. Mommie said she is sending one back to you too!! Bye Bye, Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...