Tuesday, February 2, 2021

It's Groundhog Day!

 Good Morning Everyone!!  Hey, Aunt Debbi and cousin Tracie! I am so excited 'cause today is Groundhog Day!! This is my very first Groundhog Day ever, and so it was such fun to get to watch Punxsutawney Phil (that's a very big word!) come out of his burrow and predict whether or not we will have six more weeks of winter!  Mommie took some pictures of him on TV with the gentlemen who handle him:


And looky there!  Punxsutawney Phil  saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter!


Everyone laughed and cheered! I'm not sure why, because it seems like winter has been pretty cold and snowy for everyone so far (up north), and you'd think they'd like to have an early spring! 


Here's Phil now, and he looks happy to have this over with for another year. Now he can go back to sleep in his burrow for six more weeks.


Mommie and Daddy and I tried to go take a walk, but it is very cold here today too, and the wind is blowing and we were just too cold to go for our walk.  So we turned around and came back home. And it was a good thing we did, because Auntie Pamela stopped by with something special for me!!

Looky at this adorable little hoodie and jacket for me!! Auntie Pamela sewed it just for me!! Isn't it darling?? It's SO warm and cuddly!! I love it!! Thank you, Auntie Pamela!

She also made a few cute little tops for me to wear too:

And she brought my Mommie a special carrier so she can carry me when we take our walks and have her hands free to take pictures and stuff:
(Actually she gave this to my Daddy on Sunday as a joke because she saw that he had given me a piggy back ride, and this is a picture of Mommie and me on our walk yesterday)  Mommie says some people may think we are silly, but we are really just having lots of fun!
And we love what Auntie Pamela did for us, because she was SO happy to have something special to do to make other people happy too! Mommie said sometimes people just need a fun di-ver-sion from the mundane of staying home all the time, and if this makes people smile and laugh, then it is worth it all. So we tried my little carrier on Daddy: 
He's a good sport!! Sometimes you just gotta have fun!!

Now that we've had our little joke, Mommie wanted to share something that she said we are going to try and do this month and see if we can keep it up.

Mommie said a lot of people already have heard of Ann Voskamp because she is a famous writer and speaker and has a nice website with helpful things for people to read and do.  Well, a few years ago Mommie was given the gift of her book, One Thousand Gifts, and in that book Miss Voskamp tells us a lot about counting our gifts every day and setting a goal to count 1000 gifts every year, by naming 3 gifts each day.  You can print out the list of "joy-dare" prompts for each month https://annvoskamp.com/joy-dares/ here.   

So Mommie says that we are going to try to keep up with finding the three gifts each day and show them to you here.  The gifts for today are "Three Gifts on Paper".  

1.  This beautiful fan was a gift to Mommie from my sweet Aunt Debbi. She put this in my special box when I was sent to Mommie, and Mommie really loves it! Isn't it beautiful?



2.  Mommie said this puzzle that she got for Christmas is a gift "on paper" (more like cardboard, but she said it will count because it was a gift)  Mommie has been trying to work on this puzzle a little at a time, but she said when I came along she kind of got distracted!


And so she hasn't made much progress, but it is 1000 pieces!  That's a lot!!


I said I would try to help her and we can work on it together. Mommie said that should really help her a lot!! I hope so, because I want to be a good helper!

3.  The third gift on paper is this book that Mommie received in the mail last week from the author, Marica Moston. Mommie said if you click on her name, it will take you to her blog. She is a famous author and she wrote this very nice book and when Mommie said something nice about it on her blog, she sent her a copy as a gift!  Mommie was so excited!! She loves getting new books. So now Mommie is trying to finish reading it, but again, she said I've been a bit of a "distraction"...but a lovely distraction. So I told Mommie maybe she can read it to me, and that will help her finish the book! She said that was a great idea!  Mommie said she will write a review when she is finished. She loves the book so far and wants to sit down and finish it very soon!!  


So those are our three gifts on paper for today!! We've had a busy morning already, and it's only 11:00. Mommie said we have to take a ride later this afternoon someplace, and maybe I can go with her and Daddy if I'm a good girl, which of course, I am!  Or at least I try to be! 

Mommie said we should give thanks to the Lord for all of these wonderful gifts and special friends who have been so kind to us to give them to us.  


Psalm 9:1-2
1.  "I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
2. I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Amen!






10 comments:

  1. Girls just wanna have fun! Right?!
    Say, Lily, I'm pretty sure I couldn't pronounce Phil's first name either -- even tho' I heard it on TV just a few hours ago. Do you suppose those news people have to practice their words?
    Small world! Our ladies Bible study has recently begun Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts. I nearly stopped attending over something silly, and now I'm so glad I didn't! I'm going to download her audio book to play while I walk, and hope to emulate what you and mommie are doing one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Myra! How wonderful that you are also going to be counting your 1000 gifts! You only have to count three per day, and at the end of a year you will have 1000! Isn't that wonderful? And then you can start all over again with three new gifts each day every year! Wow, think how many things that will be when you keep counting!! Yes, we girls do just want to have fun. Mommie says she love to have fun with me!! Bye Bye now!

      Delete
  2. Lilly Grace: This year, I have incorporated a Praise Journal into my daily journal. So far, I have been able to find three gifts from God almost every day. I read Ann Vosjkamp's book several years ago. She learned about God's love for her through recording three praises each day. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Quiet Spirit (I like that name. It calms me to say it). I love it that you are also finding three gifts from God every day! We should ALL do that and we will find so many things to be thankful for!! Peace and blessings to you too!!

      Delete
  3. Writing down three gifts on paper each day will fuel your gratitude attitude, Lily, and that is always a blessing. All God's gifts deserve our thanks and praise. Mommie is teaching you well! And I love your hoodie and the other new clothes Auntie Pamela gave you. Those are more gifts to be thankful for!
    Enjoy your Groundhog Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you, Miss Martha Jane! Mommie says it will help us both to have a good "gratitude attitude". I like that rhyming phrase!! That helps me remember it better. Yes, I am very thankful for my new clothes and friends and all the wonderful things God does for us every day!! It was a very nice day!

      Delete
  4. So fun!! Look at all those beautiful gifts!! You are so blessed, Lily Grace, to have joined such a wonderful family! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you, Miss Terri!! I am very very thankful to have such a wonderful family and lots of new friends. God has been very good to me here, and I am blessed. Thank you for being one of my friends too! God bless you too!!

      Delete
  5. Lily I love all those clothes and that COAT is adorable I wish my mom could still sew cute doll clothes. I don't like PHIL for making it to be cold longer Friday it is spose to get down to 10 here and Sunday the high is only 21 BURR
    -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Miss Gator! Thank you for liking my new coat! I am so happy my Auntie Pamela made it for me just in time because it is 30 degrees here this morning, so I know I will need it to go walking with Mommie and Daddy. My Mommie really can't do much sewing either, mostly because her sewing machine is "frustrating", she says! But we found some great clothes on Amazon very very inexpensively that fit me perfectly! So now I have plenty to wear and I am very thankful!! I hope you will stay nice and warm where you are. Bundle up!

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...