Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Blossoms and Butterflies

Hello All My Friends!! I am so happy that it is starting to warm up and it feels like springtime!!
We went for our walk this afternoon because Mommie was really busy this morning with her church ladies' meeting.  I stayed home and played with my friends here until she came back home, and then we went to take our walk.

These wild plum trees are just loaded with blossoms, and they are even starting to turn kind of pink!!


They were also just buzzing with bees, so I had to stay back and not get too close.


Looky how pretty they are!





But then something magical happened!! I say it was magical because I've never seen a butterfly before! And guess what? I didn't just see ONE butterfly...


No, I didn't see just ONE butterfly...but there were these two bea-U-tiful butterflies flying all around the blossoms gathering pollen...


Isn't this one so pretty???


He flew around for a long time, and we had to watch out for the bees on the flowers to make sure we didn't get stung while we were watching the butterflies!




And then, if those two weren't enough,  we also saw this pretty Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly


Mommie said the butterflies are helping to pollinate all the flowers so they will make plums grow. The bees are helping too.  I don't understand all of that, but Mommie said God made the butterflies and bees to help keep the flowers and trees and plants and fruits all growing year after year. It is one of God's wonderful miracles of creation.


Mommie and Daddy have been reading the Creation story to me in our morning devotions from the Bible and the book of Genesis.  It is very interesting how God made all the trees and flowers and vegetables and birds and animals and fish in the sea, and He even made the water in the lakes and seas and also the dry land we live on.  He even created the sun and the moon and the stars in the skies! And then He created a man named Adam and then a woman named Eve! And after many many years, here WE are!!!
I don't really understand it all, but I am happy that God loves us and wanted us to be His special friends here on earth!


Mommie said we can read more about the Creation in Genesis chapter 1-3 especially, and also a beautiful Psalm 104 tells us how wonderful God is for creating everything.

Psalm 104:27-30, 33-34
"These all wait for You,
That You may give them their food in due season.
28 What You give them they gather in;
You open Your hand, they are filled with good.
29 You hide Your face, they are troubled;
You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.
30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;
And You renew the face of the earth."

33. "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the Lord."

Seeing the butterflies today made me very very glad!
I hope YOU enjoyed seeing them too!

Until our next adventure, keep watching for God's special Creation everywhere you go, and then you can be glad in the Lord too!!

Love,

Lily Grace
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Lily, what a beautiful day!!! those swallowtails are beautiful...all butterflies are beautiful, did you know that they are God's little angels? Your mommie can tell you about them. Chrissy Dawn says hello, and she can't wait to get out of the house, this mom says 15 is way too cold for anybody. hope you have a blessed rest of week Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Gina Gator! Thank you so much for visiting today! I wish I could visit with Chrissy Dawn and play with her too! She is so pretty. Please tell her I said hello too, and Happy Valentine's Day, which is coming soon I hear. Yes, 15 degrees must be very very cold. Mommie says we get cold when it gets down in the 30's and 40's, so it is hard to imagine how cold it must be at 15! I hope you and Chrissy Dawn and all your cute little piggies are staying nice and warm. And Mr. Gator too. Mommie said to tell you we are praying for him and you too. We hope you have a blessed week too. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Lily Grace! This reminds me of Ray Stephens old song lyric, "Everything is beautiful, in its own way ..."
    And so are you! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you, Miss Myra! Mommie is singing that song to me now! She said that you and she grew up in the same generation, and that you both know lots of songs probably from way back then! And we agree with Mr. Ray Stephens, "Everything is beautiful, in its own way, like a starry summer's night, or a snow covered winter's day...under God's heaven the world's going to find a way..." Thank you, Miss Myra. I hope you have a beautiful day! And you are beautiful too! Love, Lily Grace xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Lily Grace, can you believe God MADE ALL THOSE ANIMALS AND BIRDS AND WATERS AND FLOWERS AND PLANTS and all the things??--well Mommie told me the same thing so it MUST BE TRUE, right? That sure looks like so much fun going to see the pretty tree, the flowers are so pretty--do they tickle your nose??! Wow, these are my first buttterflies---I have not seen those yet! What strange and pretty creatures, the look SO LIGHT AND feathery. Mommie said they "flutter". I can't wait to see one!!! I have been watching the BIRDS THOUGH, WE HAVE BIRDS. i will send you some pictures, okay? I have been having fun this week. They took me on a walk to a aleeee (Tansy yells from the other room---"alley, not aleee!" LOL) Anyway---so many big pictures, even bigger than us. And we got to go shopping and I saw dolls with BLUE HAIR and they were very pretty. Not as pretty as Tansy of course, ha ha LOL. Hugs my dear best friend. Love, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh TRACIE!!! I am SO excited that you visited me here today!!!! Yay!! This makes me SO happy!! Oh, Tracie, I do wish you could come see the pretty fluttery butterflies with me! They are like little fairies fluttering around from flower to flower! I know you would love them too!!They made me So happy to see them. Oh yes, Tracie, I love to watch the birdies too! Did you see our pretty bluebirds? I didn't see them yesterday, but we were busy and couldn't watch for them as much, so I hope they come back today. I am happy you get to see birdies too. I want to see your pictures! Oh my, you saw dolls with BLUE hair??? I've never seen that before! They must look kind of funny, but then again, I do love the color blue. I wonder if Mommie would let me have blue hair? Well, no. probably not. Mommie says she loves me just the God made me and she doesn't want to change a thing! Oh, I know Tansy is beautiful too. Please give her a hug and kiss for me. I miss you all and love you too. Please tell Aunt Debbi I love her too. Bye Bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Seeing butterflies for the first time had to be a thrill, Miss Lily! Oh, what gorgeous photos your Mommie got of these and the plum blossoms. Glad to know that your weather is warming up enough that you can spend more time in God's amazing creation. I'm looking forward to your next adventure, little one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you, Miss Martha Jane! Yes, it really was such a thrill to see those beautiful butterflies! They are so grace-full when they glide and flutter around from flower to flower. Hey! That's part of MY name...GRACE! Wow! How about that? Yes, we are having nice warm weather, but I think it might get cold again next week for a few days, but not too cold. I hope we can do something exciting again soon too! Bye Bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lily Grace, this week here has been so much warmer. It made me long for spring days too. I think we have one more cool spell coming, but not bad like the others. Then it is long walks and butterfly and bird hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Sandy! You must be a lot like my Mommie! She loves long walks and butterfly and bird hunting too! Mommie loves to see them and take pictures of them so we can share them with everyone! I just love to see them. They make me so happy! I hope you can get outside and take some nice walks soon too. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxo

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...