Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Foto Friends with Lily Grace


Hello Everyone, and also my dear Aunt Debbi and Cousin Tracie! Mommie said everyone will be wondering where we have been because we haven't shared any "adventures' lately.  She said sometimes we just get so busy with our real live "adventures" that we don't have time for any "pretend" adventures.  Sometimes we just have to rest a little bit from so many adventures and just be normal, "whatever that is," said Mommie.

So this morning Mommie wanted to teach me how to make her favorite Blueberry Bran Muffins. Oh, and she also wanted you to see her newest tea mug, found at the Dollar General store. (that's a fun place to find fun stuff!)  Mommie said she's been looking for a mug that says "Believe" on it, because that is her "One Word" for 2021.  I asked her whats a "One Word" and she said it is a special word that we will focus on for this year and see how God uses it in our lives to inspire and challenge us.  I hope you understand that, because I'm just a little girl, and I don't fully understand it, but I believe Mommie will help me understand it better.  She says that God will help us understand it better as the days go by.

Anyway, Mommie wanted to add a mug to her collection that says "Believe" on it, but she hasn't found one yet and doesn't want to order it online because then she'd have to pay shipping charges and it would end up costing a lot of money just for a mug.  So yesterday she was in the Dollar General store and was looking for something else and found this mug kind of hidden behind some others:

It doesn't say "Believe", but it says "Make Things Happen".  Mommie said that when we "Believe", things WILL Happen, because believing is having faith in God, and acting upon that faith will give us the confidence and trust in God that He will hear our prayers, and so when we "Believe", we "Make things Happen" because of our faith in God!  Do you understand that?  She said we don't really "make" God do things...no one can "make" God do anything that isn't His will, but when we believe and have faith in God, we will see wonderful things happen.

Matthew 17:20 "So Jesus said to them...for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.'"

Wow! I think I understand better now.  
So anyway, Mommie wanted me to learn how to make these muffins because she says they are so good!

They have good things in them...bran flakes, blueberries...and Mommie uses unsweetened applesauce instead of oil because she says that's better for us!

There's the recipe if you want to try them!

It has something called "Clabber Girl" baking powder in it. I don't know what a "Clabber Girl" is, but Mommie says the baking powder makes the muffins puff up and get taller. (rise).  (Mommie says you can click on that link above to find out more about the Clabber Girl if you want to).


When the batter was ready to put in the muffin pans, Mommie sprayed the pan with something called "PAM".  I thought that was really funny, because that's my Mommie's name!! She said she doesn't know why they call it "PAM". Maybe we should look that up too!


After the muffins baked for 20 long minutes (I was starving!!) they finally came out of the oven and smelled and looked SO good! The blueberry juice was popping out all over!  


When they cooled down enough we finally sat down and ate them for breakfast! Yummy!! They were SO good.  I'm glad that we could "make things happen" in the kitchen today!!


Mommie said one reason we haven't been writing much is because the last couple of mornings we had some shopping to do.  Yesterday we went to Walmart! Wow! That's a BIG place!! 


And then today we went to a funny named place called "Ollie's" 


and another store called "Roses".  I asked Mommie if that belongs to my Auntie Rose, and she said no. I was hoping it did because then maybe I could see my Auntie Rose there, but Mommie said Auntie Rose works at another big store, but we weren't going to be able to go there today.


After we got back home from shopping Mommie and Daddy fixed lunch and they sat down to watch something special on TV.  It's called "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes".  I said, "Hey! That's like MY blog, "The Adventures of Lily Grace"!!  And we all laughed. 


Mommie and Daddy have been watching a lot of Sherlock Holmes Adventures lately. They like this particular series because they are from an old British TV series from back in the 1950's, and each episode is short enough to watch without taking too much time...but then they watch several in a row. Mommie said that's really why she hasn't had much time to share MY adventures lately! LOL.


One thing they discovered that was interesting in this particular series is the man who plays Sherlock Holmes, "Ronald Howard", (no relation to Ron Howard of Andy Griffith fame), is actually the son of Leslie Howard, "Ashley Wilkes" from Gone With the Wind".  


But what made him even MORE interesting is that when Daddy looked up Leslie Howard in Wikipedia, it says his full name was Leslie Howard Steiner!  Steiner!!  That's OUR last name!


Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes in "The Case of the Night Train Riddle"


But to make this even MORE interesting and somewhat "mysterious", Ronald Howard (Steiner)'s father Leslie Howard Steiner's mother's name  was Lilian!  (Lilian Blumberg Steiner)  And guess what else????  I am named after my Daddy's grandmother Lillian Steiner!
Isn't that amazing?
Now that's quite an adventure!!

I hope you enjoyed this little adventure today. It was actually two adventures in one...The Adventure of Lily Grace and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes!

Acts 16:30-31

30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 


I hope you will come back and visit with me again soon!!
Love,

Lily Grace

Lillian Grace Steiner!

12 comments:

  1. Lots of new lessons these past few days! You are learning so much, Lily Grace!! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us for those yummy looking muffins! Have a good, adventure-filled, weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Terri! We have been having fun and yes, the muffins were yummy. I am going to eat another one this morning for breakfast! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too. It is raining here right now, so we probably can't take our walk, but Mommie said we need the rain, so it is a good thing!! Bye bye for now!

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, Miss Lily, the coincidences in the Sherlock Holmes films with your name are simply remarkable! God often gives us insights we never thought could occur at the most unexpected moments, and we should cherish them always. Hope you enjoyed your blueberry muffins and your shopping excursions with Mommie. Guess what? I just got my first Covid vaccine today! Now I'm on the path toward the second with hope to see my own Mommie and grandchildren soon. I couldn't be happier!
    Blessings, child of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Martha Jane! I am SO excited for you to have gotten your vaccination so that soon you will be able to visit your Mommie and your beautiful little grand-girls (and your beautiful own girl too!) I bet they are happy too, knowing that soon they will get to see you again. That is such wonderful news!! I imagine you are dancing on sunshine today! We are probably dancing in the rain today here, but that sounds like fun too! Have a happy weekend. I'm going to have another blueberry bran muffin for breakfast!! Bye Bye! Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete
  3. howdy LIly From Your BESt friend TraCIe! wow! you are "cooking up a storm" is what Tansy calls it! LOL! I have not cooked ANYTHING YET, but Mommie says maybe soon. I watched her make something called "roast" today in the big huge cook pot that you plug in the wall and she peeled "taters" and carrots and put them in it too and it was for supper and it sure did taste YUM YUM YUM. I sure do miss you but I REALLY REALLY like seeing all your pictures of all the fun you are having and all the new things you are learning about. Oh and I love your pretty new coat!! Mommie made me a hot pink hat. It's warm. Those things you baked looked good, what were they called again???---muffins? Your MIXER IS SO CUTE! Tansy says hi and sends hugs!! So do Tammie and Bindie and Beckie they all miss you and especially me and Mommie (aunt debbi) miss you (Tansy hollers from the other room "Mommie and I, not me and Mommie!!!!" Did the ducks come today? I haven't seen those yet. But we have small birds and they are so lively and so fun to watch and they eat SEEDS, those seeds don't look very good. Did you get to eat spaghetti???? I have had that AND I LOVED IT!! Garly bread too! (Tansy hollers from the other room "GARLIC BREAD!") She sure can be BOSSY BRITCHES.............HA HA LOL, but she's trying to teach me. Hugs Lily, from Tracie. We went walking in THE RAIN AND I FELT THE RAIN ON MY FACE. it sure was fun! Mommie says it grows the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH TRACIE!! I am SO happy you wrote to me. I was missing you so much! I wish you could come and play with me and we could go walking in the rain together! Yes, I had some spaghetti and garlic bread last night with my brothers and aunties and family. We all had a good time. Mommie posted some pictures on my new adventure today. My brothers are jealous of all the attention I am getting. LOL. Today on our walk we saw a really big dog and we decided not to take a very long walk because we didn't know where he went in the woods. But Mommie said it was amazing he didn't even bark at us as we drove by in the car. He just stood and looked at us and didn't even move. Maybe he really was a good dog and maybe one of God's dogs sent to protect us! But still we didn't want to take any chances so we came back home after we looked at the plum blossoms. There are so many of them now! Oh, and I saw you looking at the camellias. I saw some here too at our church! They are SO pretty. We didn't see the geese today, but the little duck was out there popping up and down in the water. She likes to dive and then pop back up. She is fun to watch. We have small birds too at our bird feeders. Mommie lets me help her fill the feeders back up when the birds eat all the seeds. I saw your hot pink hat and I LOVED it!! I also saw your pretty scarf in your hair and I loved it too. You have such pretty outfits! It would be fun to play dress up together wouldn't it? And we could fool Mommie and Aunt Debbi and make them guess which one is which of us. That would be funny!! We might fool them! But then we might not want to get mixed up and go to the wrong house. You would miss your family and I would miss mine...but we can still have fun when we do get together. Please keep writing! I love to hear from you. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete
  4. Grin, thank you Lilly Grace for the many smiles you bring. I ought to introduce you to our Curious George family' Daddy George, Mama George, Baby George, Georgette, Space Force George (who is the first monkey in space, grin), and Just George and many other George's. I think you really would like meeting them, grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Linda! I'd LOVE to meet your Curious George family! Can you show them to us sometime? That would be so much fun. We just might become good friends and can write to each other! Sounds like it is a big family!! Oh please do let me meet them some time. Mommie said she'd like to meet them too! Hope you are staying nice and warm! Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace.

      Delete
  5. Good morning Lily Grace! I think some of the best adventures occur right at home. Those muffins looks de-lish, and I sure like your mommie's new mug. I love discovering treasures at Dollar Tree. Love coincidences, too. I've never watched Sherlock Holmes, but in that last image he certainly resembles his famous father. Have you ever seen Gone With The Wind, Lily? Wishing you a very blessed day. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Myra! Good Afternoon now! Yes, we are having some good adventures right here at home, especially because it has been so cold this week, and now somewhat rainy too. So we enjoy finding things to do here like baking and reading and watching tv, and having family over for supper. No, I've never seen Gone with the Wind. Mommie says I might be too young to understand it, but she sure loved it!! Hope you have a happy and wonderful day too. Bye Bye!

      Delete
  6. loved your adventure today and so cool about Sherlock Holmes and your name :) I remember your mommie saying you were named after your grandmother how special is that . PSSt do you think you could have your mom give me the details on you, so that I can find you on biglots.com none of the local stores have you. I hope you have a great Saturday until your next adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Gator! I am so glad you enjoyed our little adventure and also learning more about Sherlock Holmes! So much fun. Regarding my special details, the box says "Imagine Us" and it comes from "Play Zone" 14" doll set.On the back of the box it says my name is "Piper", and "Piper loves music". There is also a picture of very cute black doll, whose name is Skylar and her pup. I haven't looked at our local Big Lots here yet to see if they have any. This one was sent to me from Charleston, SC. I know none of the other stores like Walmart seem to have any dolls of this size or so cute. Good luck in finding one. You may want to look at other 14" dolls. I think American Girl has a line of 14" dolls now, but they may be more expensive than this one. Let me know what you find. She really is a sweet and pretty doll and well made.

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...