Monday, April 5, 2021

Happy Easter from Lily Grace

Happy Easter everyone!
I am so happy to have learned all about Easter for the first time, and the very best news of all!
After that very sad day on Friday that they called "Good Friday" I was SO excited to wake up on Easter Sunday morning and learn that Jesus was no longer in that tomb!
The angels came and rolled away the big huge heavy stone from the door, and Jesus came out of the grave, very much alive!!


Mommie said it was a very wonderful time for Jesus' friends and Disciples as they each discovered that He was alive.  She said some of them didn't believe it at first, but then in the next few days He came and showed Himself to them, and they saw His hands where the nails had pierced them through, and He broke bread and gave thanks to God, and they recognized Him and knew that He was really alive! It was quite a miracle and such good news that they had to go out and tell everyone!  
Jesus conquered death, and because He lives, we too will live for eternity!

Jesus told His disciples before He died this in John 14:19:
“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also."

And so that is why Easter is so special and something to really celebrate.
And I got to see my very first real live Easter Lily!

I was so excited to know that my name is the same as something that reminds us of Easter! I want to always remember what Easter is really all about...about Jesus dying for me and you, and then He rose from the dead to conquer death and make it possible for us to live forever with Him in Heaven!
That IS good news!

So after church on Easter Sunday our family came over and had Easter dinner. Mommie already wrote about that over on her page, "Closed Doors, Open Windows".    And yes, I did get a little Easter basket too, just like everyone else.  


And a few days before Easter, I was so excited to receive a wonderful package in the mail, filled with all kinds of fun things from my Auntie Debbi and my identical cousin Tracie and her friend Amybelle in S.C.! There were so many nice things, and even some little treasures for Mommie!  


But my favorite thing is this little book entitled "Lily's Lovely Garden"!  Can you imagine, someone wrote a book about a little girl named Lily who had a very nice garden?  One day I will read it to you here so you can see what a nice story it is!  I was so excited to see it!


And then Mommie almost cried when she saw the other cute little book  called "Flora's Magic Flute". I asked her why that made her want to cry, and she said because her mother's mother's name was Flora, and Aunt Debbi didn't know that when she picked out that special book! She said that was pretty amazing and it made her so happy she cried. I am not sure I understand why she would cry if she was happy, but Mommie said sometimes we can cry happy tears as well as sad tears.  She said that she imagined that Mary Magdalene and Jesus' Mother Mary and all the Disciples cried happy tears when they realized that Jesus was really alive! Especially when they saw Him again face to face and knew that it was really Him.


Mommie says that someday when we get to go to heaven and meet Jesus face to face, we will probably also cry tears of joy!

Oh, one more thing, our pretty red amaryllis flower was really really pretty for Easter day:

All four blossoms were open, and Mommie said they were like trumpets sounding out the Good News,
"He's Alive! Jesus is Alive! Christ is risen! Hallelujah! He's Alive!!"


"Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!"

Well, that about sums it up! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Easter day, and that you celebrated the Good News that Jesus is alive!!
Hallelujah!!

Until next time,
Love,
Lily Grace



 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful first Easter you had, Miss Lily Grace! My grandgirls all got some gifts, too, on Easter, and that made them so happy. Even though Easter day has passed, we can always keep the joy of Easter in our hearts. Lord Jesus lives!
    Blessings, little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Martha Jane! I am SO happy you got to spend Easter with your sweet Grandgirls! I know they were happy too, just being with you! I can't wait to see the pictures!! I hope you told them about me and that I want to be their friend too! I know we would be such good friends. Yes, we will keep Easter Joy in our hearts all year long!! Christ is risen from the dead...and that is something to celebrate!!!

      Delete
  2. Lily, it sure looks and sounds like you had a beautiful first Easter, celebrated with your new family! So special! Thanks for telling us all about it and reminding us of how important Easter is to Christians! Enjoy your new books and don't eat to much candy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Terri! I did have a wonderful first Easter! It was so wonderful to hear the real Easter story about Jesus coming out of that dark old tomb and being alive again! Yes, Mommie said that Easter is THE most important day of all...because without Jesus conquering death we would all just die and not get to go to heaven at all...plus He gives us hope and new life for right now! Yes, I am enjoying my new books and am going to tell you all about one of them today. I am trying to stay away from the candy, but it is SO good! Have a blessed and happy week, Miss Terri. Remember Jesus loves you and He's always with you. Love, Lily Grace

      Delete
  3. Yes, Lily. He is risen, indeed! Our Pastor even said, "Shout it from the mountaintop." (Except that suggestion gave me an earworm and I was singing, "Go tell it on the mountain!" all afternoon. Wrong season, but same sentiment.)
    You look so pretty, both in your purple ribbon and head scarf. I look forward to hearing more about your new book someday!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...