Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Adventures of Lily Grace

Hi! My name is Lily!  Well, if you want to be proper about it, by full name is 
Lillian Grace, but  most people just call me Lily.
This is my very first picture when I arrived at my new home with all of my baggage...
As you can see, I am a very modern girl, with my very own guitar, karaoke machine, microphone, and boots! I wear boots, with my tie-dyed t-shirt, long lacy jacket and daisies in my hair!
I love to sing and laugh and make people smile, and so that is what I hope to do for you!
I just met my new Mommie and Daddy when I arrived at their home in a special box, delivered by the very friendly but hurried mail lady! I say she was "hurried" because when she arrived at my new Mommie and Daddy's house, she stopped right in front of their house and honked the horn! Can you imagine how startled I was to hear that horn honking? I mean, I had been closed up in a very secure box for several days while I traveled over 300 miles from my identical cousin Tracie's house to my new home.


But then I could hear my Mommie's excited voice as she came running to the mail lady's car and said, "Oh is that a package for me? I bet I know what it is!"  And the nice mail lady slowed down long enough to say, "It must be something special!"  And my Mommie said, "Oh, yes it is!" But she didn't take any more of the mail lady's time...she just whisked the box out of her hands and ran back into the house yelling "She's here! She's here!"  I could hear a nice man saying, Oh! It must be our special package!! And I wondered to myself if that might be my new Daddy! Then I heard another voice saying, "Oh, what is it? What is it?" And my new Mommie was so excited she could hardly talk as she was hurriedly looking for something to remove my protective box so she could take me out of that place right away! I was getting so excited because I knew that any minute I was going to be able to get out of my special box and finally see my new Mommie and Daddy and breathe the fresh air and see the pond and meet all my new friends and family!



Finally Mommie was able to cut away all the special things that were holding me safely in my pretty box, and she was able to pull me out and into her arms...What a happy, happy moment!





At first I was a little dazed from the bright sunshine and the happy smiles all around me. I wasn't prepared for so many people all at once....my new Mommie explained that she had a friend visiting her and guess what? You'll never guess this...but My New Mommie's name is Pamela...and guess what else? Her friend who was visiting was also named Pamela!! I was a little confused as to who was my Mommie if they were both named Pamela, and they were both so excited over my arrival that I think they both would have loved to have claimed me...but my real New Mommie held me in her arms and looked into my face and smiled SO big and looked SO happy, that I knew she must be the right "Pamela" that was to be my new Mommie.

(Please excuse me a moment, because actually I am writing all of this in a letter to my sweet Aunt Debbi and identical twin cousin Tracie, because they are the ones who sent me to my new Mommie, and I know they are anxiously waiting to hear all about my arrival).  

Mommie held me and looked at all of my special things that came with me...oh, Thank you, Aunt Debbi, for the wonderful toys that you sent along with me. My new Mommie was so excited to discover the Dancing Barbie and the beautiful Horse, and the lovely ladies' fan, and oh yes, the telephone and the cute pink teapot! Also she was excited about the nice unicorn ribbon that she says we will do something special with to decorate my special place. Oh, and she and the other Pamela oohed and aahed about the cute outfit I was wearing, and the boots, and the guitar and karaoke machine, and well, just everything was so perfect they both exclaimed.


All this time my new Daddy was taking lots of pictures. He didn't want to have his picture taken, but he was happy to take lots of pictures to capture these happy first moments together. And then, well Aunt Debbi, this is the most exciting part of all...My new Mommie and Daddy and that nice lady named Pamela all talked about what they should name me. I heard them saying several different names that they had been thinking about, but they were all in agreement that they should just think about it for a few minutes and that my name would come to them as they got to know me a little better.


Well...I sat there looking around and thinking about what a wonderful new home this was going to be and I was getting more and more anxious to start checking things out...but somehow the need for a name seemed to be pretty important to everyone. While I listened to the ladies talking about how cute I was and how much they loved my hair and eyes and cute daisies in my hair, and the pretty lacy coat and boots and tie-dyed shirt...all of a sudden I heard my Daddy's strong deep voice say from somewhere on the other side of the room that he thought they should name me "Lily". "Lily!", my Mommie said and the other Pamela said! They both looked at me and said, "Lily! That's a perfect name for you!" Then I heard my Mommie say that "Lily" would be a shorter name for someone they knew named "Lillian"...Oh, they told me that Lillian was my new Daddy's grandmother's name! That made my name extra special...to be named after my Daddy's grandmother...and then my new Mommie said that she really loved the name "Lillian Grace", and that would be my complete name, but that they would call me "Lily", because it just seemed to suit me best!

Mommie said that the name "Grace" stands for "unmerited favor", which came to us from Jesus when He loved us so much that He was willing to die for us even though we didn't deserve such a blessing. But she also said that Grace was an unexpected blessing, and that is what I am to them...an "unexpected blessing". I like my new name...Lily is a beautiful flower and that makes me happy to know that they think I am beautiful, and also that I am special enough to be named after someone so special as a grandmother!! Wow! They must really love me, Aunt Debbi!!

Oh, and then, after a little while my Mommie took me outside to show me the big pond! It is so beautiful, Aunt Debbi! Just like you said it would be!


I can't wait to go exploring a little more, but it looks like it might rain and my Mommie was wanting to come back inside and write to you and tell you all the good news!
I am so excited, Aunt Debbi!! I think I am going to love my new home. My Mommie said that we will take it easy today and not try to do too much my first day here, as I am going to be living here for a long time and we will have many more happy days to have our tea party and get acquainted with everyone. So right now I am standing right here beside my Mommie and watching her write to you as she tells you all about our day so far!! There will be more to come I am sure, but for now my Mommie says to tell you that she loves me very much and that she will be sending you something in the mail soon. I hope you and Tracie aren't too lonely without me! Maybe someday we can all get together again and have a wonderful party! Thank you so much for sending me to my new home.
I think I am going to be very happy here.


Love always,
Lily
"Lillian Grace "...doesn't that sound nice?


Bye for now!! I love you too, Aunt Debbi and Tracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...