Saturday, January 23, 2021

My First Day in My New Home



Dear Aunt Debbi and Cousin Tracie, 

I am so excited and happy here in my new home! There is so much to see and so many people to meet! My new Mommie introduced me to so many new friends but I can't keep them all straight in my mind yet! She said that we will try to do special things with each one individually soon so that we can get better acquainted on a more "personal level" and that way I won't be so confused with so many new names and faces!
These are some of my new friends: Rebecca, Valerie, (me), Margie, and Anne of Green Gables! Oh my! Isn't she famous or something? I can't wait to ask her more questions! Maybe later!!

Wait until you see how pretty my new friends are! They gave me a little tea party to welcome me, with cake and everything! I entertained them with my guitar and taught them some fun songs. I think they really liked it. At first they didn't seem too sure about me because I am dressed so differently than they are and I like to do so many fun things. But after we sang some songs and got to know each other better I think they are wishing they could be a bit more lively like me! Oh, Aunt Debbi...I do hope they like me!

My Mommie said we will just send a few pictures at a time so as not to overwhelm you with too many pictures, but Oh! I wish you could come here and bring Tracie and meet all these special people. I know they would love you and Tracie too, just like I do.


Oh, Aunt Debbi, guess what? We had pizza for supper! And guess what else? I got to meet my real new family! My big brother Benton and his sweet wife Rose and her sister Sherrie came over and brought the pizza so we could have a party and they could meet me! My Daddy was there too. They all were so much fun and we laughed and laughed and they seemed to really like me. Especially "Aunt Sherrie". 

 We all decided that I look a lot like her. Guess what, Aunt Debbi? "Aunt Sherrie" sometimes likes to wear her hair in long braids just like mine! And she sometimes wears boots just like mine! I think "Aunt Sherrie" just might be another "Kindred Spirit". I liked her a lot, but she will be going back to her home in Minnesota in a couple of months, so I guess I'd better not get too attached to her! Maybe she will write to me when she goes and we can be friends.

My other big brother Scott wasn't home yet, so they said I will get to meet him later. I do hope he will like me too. He's never had a little sister before....well except for "Baby Elva"...

Oh, Aunt Debbi and Tracie...do you see the picture of me with my new "baby sister", "Baby Elva"? She is the sweetest and cuddliest baby!


 She was so happy to have me come and guess what? I actually SLEPT in her buggy with her last night! Mommie thought we might enjoy sleeping together because Baby Elva's buggy sits right beside Mommie and Daddy's bed, and that way they could hear me if I was having bad dreams or something in the night. But, oh Aunt Debbi...they don't have to worry about me having bad dreams! I slept like a "baby"! I am SO happy here, and I can't wait to see what kinds of adventures we will be having together!!  Oh, and guess what else! Mommie told me that "Baby Elva" is also named for a grandmother...her "paternal grandmother". I wasn't too sure what "paternal" meant, but Mommie said it was her Daddy's mommie's name.  She also said that "Baby Elva" has some special stories written all about her and also about Grandma Elva.   It's really neat to know that I am living in a home where everybody likes to remember the special people in their lives,  like Grandmas who are now in heaven.  That's pretty special, isn't it Aunt Debbi? I feel really special to be named for my Daddy's grandmother Lillian,  who was my Daddy's Father's mother!

Guess what else, Aunt Debbi and Tracie! My Mommie just said that she is thinking she may have to start a new "blog" all about me! I am not sure what a "blog" is, but Mommie said it was a special place where she writes stories and that she thinks I might be just special enough to have my very own story written! Isn't that wonderful, Aunt Debbi? She said she's just "thinking" about it right now, but she will let you know if she decides to do it. What do YOU think? Do you think that is a good idea, Aunt Debbi? Maybe Tracie and I could write letters to each other and share our adventures! Wouldn't that be fun? It might be like a special book for children to read! Maybe your sweet "fairy granddaughter" and her dolly "Daisy", who is also one of our identical cousins, might like to join in and visit with us there! That would be such fun, Aunt Debbi! I hope Mommie will do that!



Well, Mommie says she has to stop writing right now and take care of some other things. So I will say good bye for now. I do hope you will write back to us and let us know if you can see my pretty pictures. If not, Mommie says we will have to put our pictures in her "blog" so you can find them there!

OH, by the way, Mommie says it is important to share something special from the Bible when we write our "blog".  So she said she would let me think about what verses were particularly meaningful to me and then we will include them in our story.  So I am thinking about that and saying a little prayer that Jesus will help me say the right thing.

I like this one:

Matthew 19:14

"But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Bye bye for now! XOXO
Love,
Lily 
Lillian Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...