Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A Masterpiece Kind of Day

Hello to all my new friends out there in "blogland", as Mommie calls it! It is so much fun to make new friends here. I just wish I could really see you in person and get to know you better. Maybe we could have some adventures together too!  Wouldn't that be fun?
Mommie said that she needed a more quiet day today because she had some things she needed to do at home and around the house, so we didn't go anywhere.  But Mommie showed me some pictures of pretty birdies and flowers and things here on her computer.   A lot of these pictures were taken right here at "Still Waters Pond", and she said if we just sit here quietly and watch we might see some really pretty ducks and birds.


Oh, looky at Mommie's tea mug today!  See what it says?  
"Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece."  
I asked Mommie what's a "master-piece"?  And she said it is something very very special, like a wonderful painting or photograph that is really really pretty.  She said that God creates many "masterpieces" every day with  His beautiful sunrises and sunsets and colorful animals and birds and pretty things in nature.  Mommie said that if we just open our eyes and look around us, we can see God's Masterpieces every day...even people are God's Masterpieces, because they are so wonderfully made in His image!

Genesis 1:27 
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; 
male and female He created them."


Psalm 139:14
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well."


Oh, Mommie was tickled when she read the tag on her tea bag today. It said:
"Never quench your thirst for adventure!"  
Mommie said that means we should enjoy every day that God gives us to live, and always be ready to do special things when He shows us what to do and where to go.

Mommie and I went out on the back porch for a while this morning, and we could see a great big bird on the other side of the pond.  I am trying to point to him below, but Mommie said we needed "be-nok-u-lars" to see him better.  (Mommie said that should be spelled binoculars. I just wrote it the way it sounds to me!)


Mommie has a special "zoom" lens thingy on her real camera (not her cell phone camera) that can see things farther away, and so she took these pictures of that big bird so I could see him better.


Isn't he beautiful?  It looks like there are two of him, and one is upside down! Mommie said that is his "reflection" in the water! It is kind of like looking in a mirror.  

Mommie said this big bird is called a "Great Blue Heron", and that he likes to eat fish and turtles and things like that.

I was so excited to see this pretty big bird in our pond. I hope he will come back some day and maybe come over to our side so we can see him better.

It was such a pretty day that Mommie said she wanted to sit out on the porch and do some work.  I asked her if I could help. She said I could help her pick out some pretty cards to send to people. She said this is a special "ministry" of our church to send cards to people for their birthdays and anniversaries and when they are sick and stuff like that. Mommie just recently volunteered to do this and it is time to get the ones ready for February, so I helped her pick out some pretty ones. She let me put the stamps on the envelopes too. That was fun. Mommie will put them in the mail when it is time to send them for each special day. She said it makes people happy to receive a real card in the mail on their birthday or anniversary, and she is happy she can help do this. And I was happy I could help!


Oh, look what Mommie showed me how to do for supper last night!
We made real biscuits!! They were so much fun to make!


And then Mommie made this chicken mixture from leftover chicken, carrots, onions and celery and chicken stock, 


which was then made thick and creamy with milk and flour and served over the hot biscuits:


And Mommie calls it Chicken Pot Pie, but it really is chicken and biscuits.  Whatever it is named, it sure tasted good, and I helped!  Mommie says sometimes she uses this same chicken mixture and puts it in a pie crust in the oven and bakes it and then it really IS a pot pie, but this is the easier and quicker way to do it! Oh, and guess what else? This is my big brother Scott's favorite meal! He loves anything with biscuits!  And I liked having a biscuit with some yummy blackberry jam! That was like dessert!

I guess it is time to finish this letter for today. But wait!! I just looked outside the window in Mommie's special "Room with a View" and the sky looks all golden and shiny and beautiful!  Mommie says that is one of God's "masterpieces", called a sunset.  She said if we watch it for a few minutes it will keep changing colors and get prettier and prettier! So we are going outside on the porch to take some pictures of it. We'll be back when it is done!
While we were waiting for the sun to set, Mommie showed me the "Porch Rules". I think they are pretty neat, don't you? It shouldn't be too hard to keep those rules!

And then "God's Masterpiece" began to happen right before our eyes!


It just kept getting prettier and prettier every minute!


I loved it so much, I was saying, "Thank you, God, for Your pretty sunset!"


Mommie said that now I can understand what a "masterpiece" really is!


"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1 NIV

I hope you enjoyed our special "masterpiece kind of day".  I hope you have had a "masterpiece kind of day" wherever you are too!

Bye Bye for now.

Love,
Lily
Lillian Grace
xoxo






 

10 comments:

  1. Dinner sure looked delicious and even more so because you helped your mommie get it done! Lovely photos, as always, and especially the one with the zoom lens! Rest well and have a good day tomorrow! More adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH thank you, Miss Terri! The chicken pot pie was delicious. It was fun rolling out the biscuit dough and cutting them with that little glass. That's how Mommie likes to do it, and she's been making biscuits like that for a LONG time. And yes, wasn't that big bird so pretty? I hope he comes back today! Or maybe one of his friends will come! I can't wait to see what kind of adventure we will have today!! Bye Bye for now!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Lily Grace, for sharing your masterpiece vistas. Aren't you a lucky duck 🦆? That chicken pot pie looks scrumptious. I'll bet your momma was pleased to have your help in the kitchen. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Myra! I am so glad you liked our beautiful "masterpiece vistas". Ooh! I like that word, "vistas" Mommie said that's a beautiful view, which is what we have, and we are very thankful! And yes, the chicken pot pie was really good. It was fun to help make the biscuits! Mommie said she always appreciates having some help in the kitchen! Bye Bye for now! See you later!!! (((hugs))) back to you. I love hugs!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you two had a masterpiece kind of day! It was fun to tag along with your adventures. And that chicken pot pie/biscuits looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Stacy! It was a wonderfully special day! God made the sunset so pretty and I just clapped my hands with JOY!! Mommie says that you have a cute little granddaughter who would love to play with me. That would be so much fun! Maybe you can read some of our adventures to your granddaughter or grandson someday! I hope you have a happy day, and maybe you can play in the snow for me! I've never seen snow, but I hope I will some day! Better go now. Bye bye.

      Delete
  4. That sunset is a true masterpiece .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you, Miss Ruth! Yes, it really was! Now I understand better what Mommie meant about God's Masterpieces. We are looking for new ones every day!!

      Delete
  5. Lilly Grace: You taught me something I did not know. I didn't realize that the susets could change color. When the weather gets warm late this spring, I will be sure to check this out. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Miss Quiet Spirit! We saw the sunset go from light golden to pretty deep pinks, oranges and some purples mixed in with it. It just kept getting prettier and prettier. Mommie said the camera doesn't do it justice. She said it's one of those things that you have to be there to totally appreciate...but it was SO pretty!! And Mommie said that every time there is a sunset it is different! God never makes them the same! That's why each one is a masterpiece!! Yes, you must stay outside and watch it as it changes. Sometimes it happens really fast and you might miss it, so be sure to keep watching!! Thank you for the peace and blessings today!! Bye Bye for now!

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...