Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Christmas Bells are Ringing, Ringing!

Hello all my dear friends in Bloggyland!  I know it's been a few days, but we've been so busy here lately. I never knew getting ready for Christmas could be such a busy time! Well, mostly for Mommie, but if she's busy, then I don't get to write very often.  Mommie says she is sorry, and this will probably be a longer post since we're making up for lost time!

First of all, I want to show you my very beautiful new Christmas dress!  
It arrived in a very exciting package in the mail last week, addressed to ME, and it said to "Open Now!"

Inside was the beautiful dress, and boots and stockings and all kinds of fun stuff!


And this beautiful picture of my "identical cousin Tracie", wearing the same dress!  Her Mommie, my "Auntie Debbi", got this pretty dress for Tracie, and Tracie wanted me to have one too, and so they sent me one just like it!  I was SO excited I had to put it on right away!! My Mommie said that Tracie and her Mommie are so very very thoughtful and kind.  This made us both so very happy.  Mommie said that sometimes people just love to give gifts and they do it because they love Jesus and they love people, and we can't always repay everyone who gives us gifts, but we can always say "thank you" and perhaps we can do some special kindness for someone else and pass it along.


Mommie shared this special song/poem with me that we sometimes hear or sing at Christmas:

Christmas is all about Jesus' Birthday, and that's why people love to give gifts to one another, to celebrate His birth.  But the most important gift of all is for us to give our hearts to Jesus, and to live for Him...and share that gift with everyone we meet. 
I know I love Jesus, and I want to give Him my heart too.
How about you?

Lately I've  noticed a lot of churches around here in our Christmas decorations.
Mommie even has one on her teacup that she's been drinking her morning tea out of each day:


There's little churches that light up:




And some bigger churches that are like birdhouses...(Mommie said this one really isn't a Christmas decoration, but it stays out all year long because it is so pretty:


Here's another little one over by the skating pond:


And this one is hanging on the tree!


So is this pretty gold one! Mommie said this ornament came from a church where she used to work:


And then of course there's our pretty little church in our "Little Village of Bethlehem" 



One thing I noticed is that all the churches have something called a "steeple". I asked Mommie what's a steeple? And she said it is the place where they hang the bell! Oh! A bell? "Yes, " Mommie said, "and they ring the bells when it is time for church to start or when there is something special happening that they want the people to know about!"

Some church bells even play songs, like Christmas carols, and people can hear them all over town. 
That must be very wonderful to hear! Have you ever lived in a town where the church bells played real songs?  Mommie said that she has, and it was so lovely. One place where she lived they played hymns every day at noontime. It was really beautiful to hear.

Mommie said that especially the churches would ring the bells on Christmas day, to celebrate the Birthday of Jesus!

She showed me some other special little bells on our Christmas tree:

This little Caroler is actually a bell, and Mommie said that her Grandma gave this to her when she was a little girl:

And this special little  angel ornament is ringing bells. Mommie said this one reminds her of my big brother Matthew, who is in heaven now, and maybe he is helping to ring the bells of heaven on Christmas day!


These next three little bells belonged to each of my big brothers when they were little:


Mommie said when my big brothers were little they used to say a little poem when they would hang the bells on the Christmas tree...it went something like this:

"Christmas bells are ringing, ringing.
Christmas bells are ringing, ringing.
Happy Birthday, Jesus dear!
Happy Happy Birthday!




Then they would hang a star in the tree and say:
Christmas stars are shining, shining.
Christmas stars are shining, shining.
Happy Birthday, Jesus, dear!
Happy Happy Birthday!


And here's another beautiful angel ringing some bells:

And then they'd say:
Christmas angels singing, singing.
Christmas angels singing, singing,
Happy Birthday, Jesus, dear!
Happy, Happy Birthday!


And then they'd sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!  I thought that was really really special!
Did you do anything special like that with your family when you decorated the Christmas tree?
Mommie said it is nice to have special traditions and memories...

Well, I guess that's all for today. Oh, one more picture I think you'll love:

This is me with my big sissie, "Baby Elva".  We are both in our pretty Christmas dresses, and guess what! We BOTH have red and white striped stockings!!!  Isn't that special???

We want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!

Now, let's go ring some Christmas bells!!

Happy Birthday Jesus, Dear, 
Happy Happy Birthday!!


















 

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all you are learning about Christmas and your new dress is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Cathy! I am learning a lot about Christmas, and I love every bit of it!! I'm so happy Jesus came to earth as a little baby so we could learn to love him and celebrate His birthday! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Lily Grace, I sure enjoyed your post today with all of the beautiful decorations and your explanations about them! I LOVE your new dress and boots!! You got an early gift and that is always fun! When I hear bells ring on the tree I think of It's A Wonderful Life - every time a bell rings, an Angel gets its wings!! Merry Christmas!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that thought, Miss Terri, that every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings! I will have to think about that when I hear the bells ringing! And yes, this early Christmas gift is VERY special. I am just loving my pretty new dress and boots. It was so much fun to open the package too. I hope you will have a very Merry Christmas. I hear your little sister is coming to visit you! That should be a LOT of fun!! (((hugs))) and Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. You look so fetching in your new Christmas dress, Lily! That was sure a wonderful surprise, wasn't it? I love what your mommie said about gifting: "We can't always repay everyone who gives us gifts, but we can always say "thank you" and perhaps we can do some special kindness for someone else and pass it along." That's perfect! Mostly, I love seeing those beautiful traditional churches -- ours has a steeple, too. I'll have to share a picture (or several) some day. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Miss Myra, that was a wonderful surprise! I never dreamed I'd get such a pretty new dress for Christmas! My Auntie Debbi is very smart to know where to find these things. My Mommie says she needs to take some lessons from her! Oh, and guess what? the church where Mommie and Daddy go has a steeple, and they ring the bell every Sunday morning when it is time for church to start! Isn't that wonderful? I wish I could go and hear it ring. Mommie says maybe I will someday. Oh, I would love to see a picture of your church too!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh Lily Grace this post just made my whole day!!! I will bring Tracie by to read it and look at all the pretty pictures when she gets up........her and Tansy are sleeping late here lately!

    love, Auntie Debbi
    Christmas hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Aunt Debbi!!! I love you SO MUCH!! You are so very kind and sweet to send me this package so full of fun and beauty! Mommie and I are both SO happy when we look at this pretty dress and the other sweet things you sent...and we thank God for YOU. Please tell Tracie and Tansy to wake up! They are missing the best part of the day. I am already awake, and my big sissie Baby Elva is awake, and we are looking at the pretty tree lights and enjoying a beautiful day that God has made!! We love you!!! Love, Lily Grace, Mommie, and even Baby Elva sends her love! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Reading your post here, Miss Lily Grace, brought joy to my heart and reminded me of how excited I would be for Christmas as a little girl. I think your dress is so festive, and I loved seeing all the precious ornaments on your tree that hold such wonderful memories. I know you will have a great Christmas with Mommie and Daddy, and that you will cherish why this day is one we celebrate - the gift of Jesus!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Lily Grace, your new dress and stockings are plum lovely. I think you and I are going to get along just fine when we meet, grin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bells so much! And you are just adorable in your new Christmas outfit! What pretty decorations you showed us. Your Mommie decorates so prettily and she is so nice to share her photos with us! You bring us joy, Lily Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily Grace: I love your Christmas dress. I find it interesting that your big brothers would sing as they decorated their trees. God hears when we praise Him. And singing is a form of praise. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is adorable. Mom will you please tell me what doll she is again? Sarah needs a girlfriend :) love your mommies decorations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner...got busy and forgot. My Lily Grace is actually a "Imagine Us" 14" doll, and her name on the box was "Piper". She is made my "Play Zone", and was purchased in a BigLots store last year. I don't know if they still have her, but you can go online an put in all the information and find out. There are other dolls made by this same company that are very cute. The only hard part is finding clothes for her in any store, but if you go on Amazon they do have clothes for 14" dolls. But also, isn't your Sarah an 18" doll? There are LOTS of 18" dolls out there in the stores now. I see them everywhere, but don't see many of these 14" dolls. I hope you can find a sweet friend for Sarah. Merry Christmas!!!

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...