Monday, December 20, 2021

Angels Everywhere!

 Hello to all my friends!  Christmas is coming really fast now! Mommie says it will be here in five days! I am so excited because this is my very first Christmas, and everything is bright and new and so beautiful! Little by little I've been learning all about what Christmas really means.  Mommie says we are on a Christmas ADVENTure...Advent is the time of preparing our hearts to receive the Christ child anew each year.  

I told Mommie that I was seeing a lot of pretty angels on our Christmas tree and in other places around the house. I asked her why we have so many angels at Christmas time?


Here's a few of them...



Mommie said:  Angels spoke to Mary, to Joseph,  and to the Shepherds.  Angels are still working in the presence of God and in our midst, protecting, guiding God's people along the way."  

Here's the story from God's Word, The Bible:

"Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David.  The virgin's name was Mary."

"And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!"


"But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.  Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.  He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.  And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."  Luke 1: 26-33

And to Joseph an Angel of the Lord appeared in a dream and said to him,

"Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.  And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."  Matthew 1:20-21


And then the Angel spoke to the Shepherds, who were out in the fields, "keeping watch over their flock by night.  And behold, and angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.

Then the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  .


And this will be a sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

   "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, good will to men." Luke 2: 8-14

Here's some more of those special Christmas carols that we sing to tell how the angels announced Jesus' birth:
















I said to Mommie, "Now I understand why there are so many angels everywhere! They had a very important job to do in announcing Jesus' birth!"


Mommie said yes they did.  She also said:
"I believe that Angels are still at work in our midst....oftentimes being sent on special missions on our behalf directly from the Throne of God...
We will someday be surprised to meet the angelic ambassadors who may have rescued us from many a fall and who stood in the path of danger for us so that we would be safely  protected from the onslaughts of the enemies of God's precious children.
We may be surprised to meet them as they come to carry us heavenward someday....and realize that perhaps we had been entertaining angels unwittingly....

I said, "Wow,  Mommie! I hope I can meet an angel some day! Do you think I ever will?"
She said that I just might be surprised!

We just never know who might be knocking on our door!


"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."  Hebrews 13:2

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little story about the angels...and maybe we should be really nice to strangers, because they just might be an angel.  But Mommie said we should still be very careful and that little children should not talk to strangers without Mommie or Daddy being there too. She said it's always best to let our parents decide who we should talk to, just to be on the safe side.  That makes good sense to me, how about you?  

Well, it is almost bedtime, so I'd better go for now. I sure am enjoying learning about Jesus' birthday, aren't you? Good night every one.  I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Lily Grace
xoxoxoxxo



16 comments:

  1. What beautiful angels you have all over your house, Miss Lily Grace! Yes, we must always show kindness to others because we never know if we are entertaining angels, yet unaware of their presence. Mommie is right, though - never, ever talk to strangers without your parents right there with you. I'm so glad that Mommie is teaching you the story of Christmas so that you are prepared to truly celebrate that blessed day!
    Merry Christmas, little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Martha Jane! I love hearing about the angels! They sure were busy telling people about Jesus, weren't they? I wonder if angels really have big wings and wear halos? Mommie said not necessarily...Angels may come in any form that God chooses to give us His message. Wow, it sure makes us wonder about these things, doesn't it? I love these stories. I hope your little granddaughters have heard this story too. I bet you've told them. Well, have a Merry Christmas! Love, Lily Grace xoxxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Ms. Lily Grace, I simply cannot wait to meet you and hug you...I hope you allow me to hug you, smiles. I think we would great friends, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES, Miss Linda!!! I hope you WILL hug me, and that I can hug YOU too!!! I can't wait to meet you and your hubby. I hope he'll like me too. Do you think he will? Mommie says I must be polite and not be too overly excited and scare people away. Sometimes people don't understand about me...but once they get to know me they love me! At least I hope they do. Yes, I know we will be great friends, Miss Linda. Mommie said you are a "kindred spirit", whatever that means! Oh, Miss Linda, I want you to know I am praying for you and your hubby too. I hope you will still have a very wonderful Christmas, even if you are a bit sad, but when you think of where your sweet Liam is, I know it will make you glad he is there celebrating Christmas with Jesus. That's the best place to be for Christmas, I bet, don't you? Well, Mommie says I need to calm down and not be so talkative, so I will say bye bye for now, but I can't wait to meet you soon. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Lily Grace.. How lovely to meet you.. and what a wonderful post.
    I look forward to reading the rest of your posts and following your story..
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Phoebe! Thank you so much for coming to visit me for the first time!! Mommie says she is happy to meet you too. We always love to meet new people here! I do hope you will come back again and again! And we hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  4. The greatest story every told!
    Yes, I sure believe in angels ... all about us. Your mommie is very wise, Lily Grace! Merry blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Myra, I agree!! Isn't it the bestest story ever???? And to think, Mary was just a young girl who never saw an angel before, and then to have that beautiful angel come and tell her something so wonderful, can you imagine how frightened she must have been at first? But then, she believe the angel and trust God enough to say YES! "I will do what you ask me to do!" She was a very brave girl, don't you think? Well, anyway, I loved this story too, and I hope the angels are still rejoicing over Jesus! I hope you and your hubby and family have a very Merry Christmas! Love, Lily Gracexoxoxxoo

      Delete
  5. Miss Lily Grace: I never tire of hearing of the birth of Jesus. I have some angels on my little tree. I enjoyed hearing that you are learning about Christmas and how special it is to those who believe in Jesus. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Quiet Spirit, I am so happy I am learning all about Jesus' birth. Can you imagine the angels being all around and telling the Shepherds not to be afraid? I bet they were still afraid, don't you? But they obeyed what the angels told them to do. I am so excited that Jesus came to earth as a baby and that He grew up to be a man was willing to die for us so we could all go to heaven. That's pretty amazing too! Mommie said that Jesus loves us very very much. I love Him too, don't you? Merry Christmas! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Lily Grace, this is a beautiful post about Angels!! I believe in Angels and know that I have a Guardian Angel with me most of the time because it is a big job keeping me safe and out of trouble!! LOL All of those songs are some of my favorites during the blessed time of year as we wait for the birth of our Savior, Jesus!! Have a very Merry Christmas, Lily Grace, and I with the same for everyone there!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Terri! Do you think I might have a guardian angel too? I know God must have sent me here because I am so happy and Mommie says I make other people happy too, and that is a very good thing to do, and so perhaps God did send me here to do just that. Mommie said she thinks her angel has had to be very busy too, like yours! I wonder how many angels there are? Must be millions and millions of them! Well, someday we will find out! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Miss Terri. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing the angels Lilly! They are very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Susan! I am enjoying learning all about the angels and the important job they had to tell us about Jesus' birth. And Mommie says they are still busy today, being God's helpers in watching out for all His children. They must stay very busy indeed! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for visiting me! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  8. Your mommie is right, Lily Grace. Angels abound, and they love us and protect us and guide us. Never believe you are alone in this world, because the angels are around you! You and your mommie sure have a lot of lovely angel figurines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lily Grace! Sorry I'm so late in stopping by. I love angels too, they are God's special creatures. God often sends them on special missions to help mankind, I sometimes pray Psalm 91:10, that He will send His angels to watch after me. I love that your mommie shared the Christmas Story with you, it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...