Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Lily Grace and Hurricane Elsa!

Today we are having my very first hurricane ever! Her name is "Elsa".  

I've been sitting in front of the window all day long, watching the rain coming down on 
Still Waters Pond.


I was hoping Mrs. Bluebird would stick out her head and say hello, but she's staying inside her warm, dry, snug little house, keeping her new baby's eggs nice and warm.


Mommie and I went out on the back porch to listen to the rain coming down on the tin roof. It was really really loud.

Sometimes the rain was almost deafening, and we couldn't even hear each other talk! I bet it was noisy inside Mrs. Bluebird's house too. I hope she's not afraid of Hurricane Elsa.

Mommie said the birdies know just what to do in a storm.  God has taught them how to stay safe and to not be afraid, because they know God is taking care of them.  I said to Mommie, "Well, if God is taking care of the Bluebirds, then surely He must be going to take care of me too, right?"  Mommie said,
"Oh Yes, Lily!  God tells us in the Bible that 
"The very hairs of your head are all numbered. 
Do not fear therefore; 
you are of more value than many sparrows."
Luke 12:7
I asked Mommie if bluebirds are like sparrows? And she said yes, they are all God's special little creatures, and He watches over all of them, and even more so, He watches over you!

Then I remembered that my Auntie Debbi and Identical cousin Tracie sent me a little book about two girls named Anna and Elsa!  I knew I'd heard that name before!

So I asked Mommie if we could read it again to be sure if I was right about the little girl being named Elsa, just like the hurricane...and sure enough...there she is!  Right there in my book!!


Anna and Elsa are sisters, and they look after each other.  They are very blessed to have each other!


Mommie said that we have lots of friends, and we look after each other too...right here in "blogland".
When one of our friends is sad or hurting, we pray for them and try to cheer them up.
When one of our friends is happy, we celebrate with them! That's what friends are for! Like sisters, we look out for each other!

Mommie said that we are all stronger together.  Two are better than one.


"The Value of a Friend"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

"9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."


After we read my little book about Anna and Elsa, I decided that today being such a rainy day, it would be a good day to play with Mommie's special dollhouse, "Pamela's Victorian Cottage".
My little friends were all so excited to see me. 


Even my little fairy friends were there waiting in the garden.  It wasn't raining in their garden.  We could play there all day long!


My friends invited me into their house for a little tea party, and we had such a nice time.

And then I went down the lane to the little cottage on the farm, where the farm family lives.

They were busy working in their garden and on the farm, but they were so happy to see me.

And so we had another little tea party in their yard!

Then Mommie said it was time to finish our story and put things away...but not before 
she had a cup of tea too!


And then we read a little from the devotional book that Auntie Opal gave me:


Mommie said this one fits right in with what we've been talking about:


Yes, we should thank God for our friends.  And I hope I can always be a "true and loving friend" too.

It looks like Hurricane Elsa has pretty well passed by. It is still raining just a little bit,  but we haven't had any bad winds or any kind of damage. Our pond is pretty full, but we are sitting high and dry.
We are very thankful and praise God for His lovingkindness to us. We pray that everyone else comes through this storm safely too.

Bye Bye for now!
Love,
Lily Grace





 

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the hurricane was as uneventful there as it was here, we lucked out this round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Miss Martha! We surely are blessed that Elsa was very kind to us and didn't do us any harm. We are very happy, and so happy for you too. Yay!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Lily Grace! I think that nasty old Elsa stole my comment. When I hit 'publish' this big white box popped up and said Blogger couldn't connect. Phooey.
    So glad you all were spared any damages! But ya, times like that can be scary. Do you know Father Francis Maple? My blogger friend, Victor in the U.K. shared one of his songs (that) I think you might like:
    https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/search?q=Father+Francis+Do+Not+Be+Afraid

    What a great opportunity to visit your friends -- both at Pamela's Victorian Cottage and the farm. I'll bet they were happy to see you! Won't you please tell mommie, I really enjoyed her excerpt about friends. In fact, I copied and saved it to read whenever I need fed. So good night now, sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Miss Myra! I am so happy you stopped by and didn't let Elsa steal your comment completely! I think Elsa was really very nice and didn't hurt us a bit. She even filled up our pond so it looks nice and full and I bet the fish are very happy now. I will have to ask Mommie to find that song you mentioned. It sounds really special. And yes, my friends at the Cottage and the farm were very happy to see me. I haven't been there to play with them in a long time, and they were missing me. I must go more often now. I'm glad you liked what we wrote. Thank you for being a true friend. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Yes, and I am thankful for you and your mommie!! Elsa was scary here in Lakeland, too, but all it did was rain really hard and the wind blew more than usual. Enjoy your lovely pond!! Keep an eye on Mr. & Mrs. Bluebird! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Terri! Mommie and I are very happy that you are safe from the storm too. Our pond is VERY full, but not TOO full. I think Mrs. Bluebird was happy to finally be able to come outside of her house and get some fresh air and exercise! I will be watching them to see when they start coming and going all the time , which will mean the babies have hatched and they have to start feeding them. I hope they will all be safe and healthy! Have a happy day. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Thankful you were all safe from Hurricane Elsa. A friend is blessed to have a little cottage there and she and her phamily are stranded as gas was at a shortage and the highways were jammed. They were grateful to be all together and safe.Hoping Mr and Mrs Bluebird are safe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hello Miss "Tata's Cottage"! Mommie said you are a new friend and this is your first time to visit us here in my little world of adventures! Thank you for coming and I hope you will come again! I am happy your friends were all safe in the storm and that no one was harmed. It was a LOT Of rain here all day long, but we were safe here in our house too. Yes, Mrs. Bluebird seems to be just fine, and happy to get out and get some fresh air today. I am sure Mr. Bluebird is close by too. He's very attentive to her needs. Thank you again for visiting, and I hope you will come again soon.

      Delete
  5. Glad you all are safe from Elsa and so was my daughter. Thanks for the reminder that God always takes care of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Cathy! That's right! Your daughter and her new hubby live in Florida too, don't they? Wow! I am happy they were okay. We were very thankful and blessed that Elsa wasn't such a bad girl after all. Yes, God does take good care of us. He's a good good Father!! Love, Lily Grace

      Delete
  6. Your first hurricane - how exciting, Miss Lily Grace! Good to know you all stayed safe, even the bluebirds. God cares so much about all His creation, we can trust Him in all things. Be a good girl for Mommie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Martha Jane! It was exciting, but we are VERY happy that it wasn't TOO exciting! It was a pretty peaceful kind of hurricane...just a lot of rain and no wind. Mommie said that's the best kind to have. We are very thankful to God for keeping us safe. And Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird have been busy today taking care of business. I think Mrs. Bluebird was pretty happy to get out of the "house" for a while! Have a wonderful weekend. Love, Lily Grace

      Delete
  7. Lily Grace, you had a great time with your friends and your mommie! Your mommie is as good a mommie as that bluebird is, and that is saying alot! I love all the photos but most especially where you are wearing your raincoat and looking out into the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, thank you Miss Holly!! You are very kind, and my Mommie thanks you too! I am glad you liked my raincoat. My Auntie Pamela (one of Mommie's friends who has the same name as she does) made it for me special. I've been such a blessed little girl with so many nice people who love to do nice things for me. Isn't God good? I know you agree! have a happy Friday tomorrow!

      Delete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...