Thursday, October 14, 2021

Some Fun Adventures!


Good Morning all my friends in Bloggy Land!  Mommie said it was about time we shared a few adventures with you.


I was SO excited because one day when we were going to town we passed by this farm where they have some horsies!  I've been asking and asking Daddy to please stop so I could see the horsies some time, and so on this particular day he pulled the car over to the side of the road and said, "Okay, go see the horsies!"  Thankfully Mommie had her camera that gets close ups a little better because the horsies didn't want to come any closer to the fence.  

He was too busy eating his breakfast, and those white birdies were helping out!

I was so excited watching the horsie that I didn't even notice that I almost stuck my nose right into this barbed wire fence, and there was a spider right there on it!! Do you see it?  And look, there's even a spider web all around it, and I didn't even notice! That was a close one!

But see? There are more horsies over there, and that is what I was looking at!

Finally we decided to go because the horsies weren't paying any attention to me. Mommie said next time maybe we should bring some apples for them, and maybe they will come to the fence. That would be fun!! I hope we can do that some time. Have you ever fed a horse some apples? Or maybe a carrot? Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, I wanted to get back home to my own pretty horse, Bella.  She was happy to hear all about her big cousins in the field. But she said she is content right here with her new friends, Mr. Scarecrow, Mr. Jack o' Lantern, and Mr. Owl.  They enjoy visiting with each other now and then, and Bella feels safe here at home.


Maybe Bella would like some of these different "treats"....celery and carrot sticks are good snacks...


Or maybe this dish of apple/raisin/walnut/celery salad:
That's a yummy fall food! 

Or how about some Sloppy Joes?  We had those Sunday night for supper.  Mommie said that she remembers when she was a young girl that she used to go to church on Sunday night for her youth group meeting, "MYF" they called it.  
And there was a dear lady who used to make a "snack supper" for the youth group every week, and often times it would be sloppy joes on buns, with maybe some potato chips or those potato sticks that came in a can like this:


Have you ever had Potato sticks from a can? I think I'd like to try some!   Anyway,  Mommie said those were happy memories of those days when they had their youth group meetings, and they would eat and sing songs, and then have a meeting where they planned special outings like retreats or going to camp or they would have a program that they planned themselves, with adults supervising.  It was kind of like Sunday School, but the youth did all the work.  Did you go to a youth group when you were young? I think I'd like to go too. Especially if they had sloppy joes and potato sticks to eat!

Speaking of other fall snacks....look at these little tiny pumpkins:
They sure are yummy! They don't taste at all like pumpkins! They taste like oranges!! They are kind of squishy and jelly like candy, and they sure are good. It's hard to eat just one!

Mommie said she already asked you if you like this Candy Corn stuff.  She said some do and some don't. Mommie said she likes it best with peanuts mixed in. Have you tried that? I did, and it sure is good too.  Wow, so many treats around this time of year...I might get fat!

Speaking of fat, there was a fat black cat sitting on our front porch one morning. Mommie tried to get a picture of it through the window, but all we got were these two green eyes looking at us!

That was kind of "spooky"!

Speaking of spooky, Mommie went to a Ladies' Meeting at church yesterday and didn't take me with her! I wish she had because look at all the fun stuff they had to eat! She said they had a "spooktacular" time:



Yikes, there were rats and spiders on the tables...and even gummy worms in the punch bowl!


And oh my goodness! What is THAT?  That is a HAND coming out of the punch bowl!! Now I think I would have screamed if I saw that,  so maybe it's better that I stayed home!


Mommie said this little person had to wait too long to eat! Ha Ha!


Whew! Safe back at home, Mommie had a cup of tea and her tea bag said, "Never quench your thirst for adventure!"


I think we've had enough adventure for one day, don't you?  Here I am this morning singing with my friends.  We are singing a song that Mommie taught me from church. Maybe you can sing along with us. I have my guitar ready to accompany us.


"Rise, and Shine, and Give God the Glory, Glory!
Rise, and Shine, and Give God the Glory, Glory!
Rise and shine and (clap!) give God the glory, glory!
Children of the Lord!"


"Let your light so shine before men, 
that they may see your good works 
and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

Okay, friends! That's all for today! I hope you let your light shine for Jesus today!!










 



20 comments:

  1. So many wonderful memories. I had something else planned for dinner, but I may have to change that to sloppy joes now. Love those things. We've got several horse farms close to us. One of these days I need to stop and take some pictures. Hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Cathy! Oh, I do hope you will go see the horses near by and take some pictures! That would be such fun to see! And sloppy joes sounds good to me! Can I come over? Ha Ha! Have a happy day! Love, Lily Grace xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Yay, Lily Grace! I'm so glad you got to see those big horsies in person! I wonder if those aren't thoroughbreds ... I remember Ocala being big-time horse country. Growing up in a government town, there was no place to keep horsies -- so I was forever bugging my mother to drive me up to a place called 'horse mesa' where the rich people boarded their horses. A couple times I'd even climb up on the corral fence and try to ride them. No fear! Yep, I remember attending MYF functions -- but no-one offered to make us Sloppy Joes. Seeing your pictures, my mouth's watering! How fun that mommy and her friends still celebrate Halloween -- in good fun, that is. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Myra!! Oh, I know you would have loved these pretty horsies! Mommie said she isn't sure about them being tho-ro-breads, or whatever you called them, because we aren't in Ocala where the horse farms are, but she knows all about them. She said maybe someday we can take a ride over to 'horse country' and see some real tho-ro-breads! I wonder what kind of bread is a horsie bread? Ha Ha. Mommie said the lady that made them snack suppers for MYF was a grandma to some of the kids, and she was also their school lunchroom lady, so she knew how to cook really good because they used to have real home cooked dinners for lunch way back then, with home made yeast rolls. Mommie said she wished she could go back and have one of those rolls again, but "Grandma Sperry" is long gone to heaven. I'm glad you visited here today. I hope you have some sloppy joes really soon!!! They sure are good. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. I saw that spider on the barbed wire, or as I learned it in Arkansas, "bob wharr." That was TOO close! It's just living its little life, but yikes! All those legs! I love to look at horses, too. I love them, always have and used to ride. If you feed them apples, be sure and cut up the apples first, because sometimes horsies try to eat it all in one bite, which is dangerous for them. If you give them a carrot, cut the carrot longways first. Horsies get choked on round items easily and they cannot clear their throats as people do. I really loved seeing Bella and the autumn friends, and your friends, too, singing your sweet song! And the Hallowe'en foods at your mommy's church meeting -- that hand was amazing. Who comes up with these creative things? I LOVED seeing the potato sticks and reading about your mommy's fun days at youth group! I had forgotten the potato sticks in cans! Gosh I hope you get some for Hallowe'en! I love reading about memories of teen years, and the fun to be had by sweet teenagers learning to be grownups. It seems like they were just a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Holly! Mommie said to tell you that you are NOT an "Olde Dame"! I don't know what that means, but she said you are a "Young Dame Holly", and a pretty one at that! So there! Ha Ha! Oh, thank you for telling me how to feed a horsie an apple or carrot. I'll make sure we cut them up properly if we get to feed them. That is very good to know. I am happy you came to visit. Oh, wasn't that icy hand something scary? Mommie says some people are really a bit "over the top" when it comes to decorating and fun ideas. She said they all had a good time. Mommie said she looked for some potato sticks today at the store and only found a really little can of them, like for one person, so she didn't buy them because she said they were kind of 'xpensive'. Maybe when she goes to the big store that has more stuff she can find a better deal on them. I'd sure like to try them! Good idea...I'll ask Mommie if I could have some for Halloween instead of all that candy that's not good for me! And Mommie said yes, it seems like yesterday that she was a teenager in her youth group. She said those were really fun times way back when! She said she is happy too that she got to have those special experiences when she was young because it helped her to grow up to love Jesus and His people. Well, I better go. Supper is almost ready. I think we're having meatloaf! Do you like meatloaf? I sure do. Bye bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Anywhere that serves "tater" Stix and sloppy joes!!---i am in!! Lol Tracie is taking her nap and I will let her come see this post later ok? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Auntie Debbi and my identical cousin Tracie and all the rest of the family...come on down!! We can make sloppy joes and get some potato sticks and maybe make some s'mores on the fire pit! I can't wait to try those! Has Tracie had s'mores yet? It's still not cold enough here for a fire, but I can't wait until we can do that. I think we could have SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER!!! Please, please please? Mommie said it isn't polite to beg, but I just thought it would be so much fun. Please tell Tracie and Amybelle and Tansy I said Hi. I love you all. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  5. When I was a little girl, I absolutely adored horses, Miss Lily Grace. I'm so glad Daddy decided to stop so you could watch them for a while. Yes, horses do like carrots, that's for sure. The sloppy joes and potato sticks look yummy, as do the Halloween treats, although I'm not sure I care much for the gummy worms in the punch, and I'm one of those strange folks who doesn't like candy corn. But I'll bet that Mommie and you do!
    Looking forward to more adventures, little one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hello Miss Martha Jane! I am SO happy you came by for a visit! Oh, I know you would have loved seeing those horses with me! They were so pretty. And yes, the Sloppy Joes were really good, and I hope we can get some potato sticks and try them. Mommie said she only likes candy corn with peanuts. Then she says it tastes like a PayDay Candy bar, which she loves. And those gummy worms in the punch? Yikes, they were sure scary looking along with that icy hand coming out of the punch! That was spooky for sure, but all in good fun. Mommie said even old ladies like to have fun now and then. Hope you have a happy week. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxxo

      Delete
  6. Lily Grace: I was in "BYF". Back then we had what they called "Chupper Hour" (Church Supper) Some ladies from the church fixed a light meal on Sunday evening just an hour before our "BYF" meeting time. One year, during Youth Week, my mother and I fixed the meal. It was so long ago that I can't remember what we fixed. Some times, I think we had pizza. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the big horse. Peace and blessing to you and yours. And thanks for helping remember some good things about my youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Quiet Spirit, I like "Chupper Hour"...that's a funny name but I bet it was good and fun too. And I bet whatever you and your mother fixed was super good. Pizza would be fun. I like pizza. Sometimes we have it with my big brothers and my sister "Auntie Rose". Yes, the horse was fun to see. I wish I could pet one of them. Maybe next time. I'm glad you remembered some fun and happy times from your youth. Mommie said she did too. It's nice to have happy memories. I hope you have a pleasant and happy weekend. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxxo

      Delete
  7. I belonged to Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) when I was in school. We had lots of fun! I don't remember having sloppy joes but we went on hay rides and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. That was fun. We sang songs on the hayrides, like Kumbaya. All of that candy looks SO good!! Yum! I enjoyed your post today, Lily Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommie said she remembers having hayrides and roasted hot dogs and s'mores and stuff like that too. And she loves "Kumbaya". She said she will teach it to me and my friends. Maybe we will have a hayride sometime too. That sounds like a LOT of fun!! Thank you for sharing your memories with us!! Bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  8. Grinning...fall is a magical time of year especially here in the Southern Tier of NY. We like Sloppy Joes too and my employer sells those squishy pumpkins, grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Miss Linda! You MUST get some of those pumpkin candies! They are SO yummy! I'm glad they taste like oranges instead of pumpkins, however. Somehow I just can't quite imagine pumpkin candy. I hope you got some cooler weather now. We woke up this morning to 58 degrees!!! That's pretty chilly! And it's only supposed to be in the 70's today, but the sun is shining and I think it might be warmer, but it feels like fall to me...of course, what do I know? I wasn't even born yet last fall, so this is all new to me! I wonder what comes next? Have a happy day. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  9. hi there Lily Grace, Mommie brought me by to see your new post and pictures! I love seeing the picture of you and your pretty pretty horsie, Bella! she is so pretty. I keep asking Mommie if I can bring down the "plastic horsies" that she has, they live way up on a high shelf and I bet they would like to play with me! Maybe this week she will let me, yay!! Tansy says one of the horsies is HERS! Im not sure if that is true. Yes!--i got to taste the corny candy ("candy CORN!" HOLLERS Tansy from the other room). It's yummy and Mommie likes it too. That ladies party your mommie went to sure looks like fun, and all that good food!! I liked the punch picture, Mommie says she will make punch soon because she has always loved to make big bowls of punch for "festive holiday gatherings", whatever that is. I am still learning SO SO SO MUCH about this world, aren't you? soon it will be our very first Christmas! I know Amybelle and me will love it. I'm glad you got to see the big horsies in the field.....what a big place! Tansy says if you take apples, they will come to you. Hugs!--till next time! PS.....we eat sloppy joes here about once a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tracie! I am SO happy you wrote to me, although now that I look at it, I hope this is you because you never said so! But I know your "voice", and this must be you. Oh, I do hope your Mommie will let you play with one of her pretty plastic horsies. They must be lonely way up on that high shelf. Yes, you better not get Tansy's horse...I remember how Tansy is. LOL. I'm glad you like the corny candy...candy corn. I like your way of saying it best. It is corny! LOL. And oh, I wonder if my Mommie ever makes punch in a punch bowl. I will have to ask her. Like you, I don't know much about Christmas yet. I bet it's going to be exciting, don't you? Mommie said we have a LOT to learn about Christmas, but first we have Thanksgiving...and that will be new to us too! Oh, you get to eat sloppy joes every week????? How wonderful!!! I'm going to ask Mommie if we can have them once a week. I think tonight we are having hot dogs. I like them too, don't you? Well, Tracie, (I do hope this is you writing), I hope you have a happy rest of your day. It got downright chilly here this morning...58 degrees!!! Mommie said fall is on its way. She said Thank You Jesus!! Love you Tracie and Auntie Debbi and Amybelle and Tansy and everyone else up there. Bye for now. Love, Lily Grace xoxoxoxxo

      Delete
  10. Hi Lily Grace! I'm one of your mommie's friends, Kim. I've read some of your adventures but hadn't taken time to comment. It looks like you're having many fun adventures. While I grew up in church, I didn't get to have a youth group experience--my church was far too small for that--I WAS the youth group. LOL!

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Goodness you were enjoying all your friends and having quite a sweet time. Oh that punch bowl would scare me too. SO glad you stayed away it. All the talka bout good food makes one hungry. HeeHee. You are so sweet, help youir mommie feel better and stay close to you. You are sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you have come to visit with me today. Please sign my little guestbook so I will know who you are and we can get acquainted!

Easter Time!

Happy Easter Time everyone!!  Yesterday was Easter, and I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that Jesus came out of the dark damp ...